Pregnancy Chat - October

iVillage Member
Pregnancy Chat - October
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 8:24pm

Please let me know if your info needs to be updated! ~Jessica

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liz - October 9th, 2012 - TEAM GREEN!

Jamie - October 9th, 2012 - TEAM BLUE!

baby

Sara - October 22nd, 2012 - TEAM BLUE!

pregnant

Adrienne - November 7th, 2012 - TEAM BLUE!

pregnancy

Cheryl- November 9th, 2012 - TEAM BLUE!

pregnancy

Jessica - November 17th, 2012 - TEAM PINK!

pregnancy

Jules - November 24th, 2012 - TEAM PINK!

pregnancy due date

Em - November 26th, 2012- TEAM PINK!

babies

Shawn - November 29th, 2012 - TEAM PINK!

pregnancy

Sandy - March 23rd, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

pregnancy calendar

Cassie/CJ (cassiejune) - March 29th, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

pregnancy week by week

Ruby - April 13th, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

pregnancy

Erin/"E" - April 15th, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

babies

Ella - May 21st, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW! 

pregnancy

Suzie - May 29th, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

pregnancy calendar

Mandy - June 2nd, 2013 - TEAM YELLOW!

pregnant

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 3:43pm
Jules, just jumping in to say that I felt the same way with my 3rd pregnancy. I was really sad that I didn't do all the things that I planned/wished to do: maternity photos, prenatal yoga, journaling, just enjoying it! I barely gave the pregnancy a thought and suddenly it was over!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 10:24am
Agreed, Ella! Relieved for you - that sweet little HB is just such a miracle to behold. I also loved your blog post!

Sandy - how is your pregnancy flying by (for me at least) so quickly!! Can't wait to see what you are having!

Mandy - that first appt/us wait is THE WORST!

Jess - How are you feeling today? Is it just me, or are we getting kinda close?!

Shawn - you seem so relaxed and prepared in your post! Wanna come visit?! P.S. I love Stella!

Suzie - that 1st tri will always be my least favorite! I feel for all of you gals just getting started!

Liz - has the baby decided to crawl out yet?! I can't imagine walking around that open for weeks - I guess the good news is that you won't have a super long labor. I'm sorry you guys have been so under the weather. That is just the pits.

AFM - still just getting through this sweet and strange time. My belly has DROPPED. If I'm sitting at the table, it's almost deceptive - you can't really tell. I have an appointment this Friday. I really hope that this girl has turned head down (based on feeling, I'm not counting on it!). I feel like I'm so busy with my other children that I don't have time to pay attention to this pregnancy unless it is bugging me. It makes me a little sad, but I guess it's a good thing - I'm hands free parenting this kid right now and I need that time!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 10:07am
So glad everything looks good, Ella! Your blog post was so poignant.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 9:27am

Name/SO Name: Ella/Andy

How many weeks are you? Seven

Any exciting dates/appointments this month? Yesterday was the big appointment to see if we had a little bean growing strong or not... and in fact it seems that we DO!  Everything looked perfect.

Do you feel like you will go early or late? Late.  DD was 8 days over, so I expect this one will be late as well.

How are you feeling physically? Not too awful.  Nausea comes and goes and is often replaced by that ravenous hunger that no food can touch.  

How are you feeling emotionally? Happy. Relieved.

What's on your to-do list to get ready for baby this month? Uhhh, nothing?

Do you know the gender yet? If not, are you thinking pink orblue? No idea.  We'll find out around Christmastime.

**What's the best/worst thing about being PG? :-D Best: pretty much everything, except the worry (which is the worst, for me!).

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 7:28pm
Name/SO Name: Mandy

How many weeks are you? 5ish weeks

Any exciting dates/appointments this month? My first appt is on Oct. 22nd.. THREE WEEKS IS FOREVER from now!! LOL!

Do you feel like you will go early or late? Early- I am sure I will go early.

How are you feeling physically? I am all achy- expecially at night. My boobs hurt soo bad! But not too bad. .

How are you feeling emotionally? Nervous! I hate waiting for that first appt. I am trying to just not be nervous...but the whole not knowing is hard.

What's on your to-do list to get ready for baby this month? Nothing. WE have a disney trip planned for the weekend after my first appt. Very excited about this. .

Do you know the gender yet? If not, are you thinking pink orblue? Hoping for blue. Feeling pink

**What's the best/worst thing about being PG? I had my first Cafe decaf coffee today from my favorite place. I couldnt tell the difference...so I am very happy about that. (up until today I hadnt even gone there in 3 weeks!) I love growing a baby and having that special feeling. I dont like the unknowns and uncertianty of the 1st trimester. :/

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:12pm

Name/SO Name: Sandy

How many weeks are you? 15

Any exciting dates/appointments this month? I have my next ultrasound October 27 and we will fin out what we are having. can't wait

Do you feel like you will go early or late? have no idea

How are you feeling physically? Ok except for the stuffy nose and headaches.

How are you feeling emotionally? I would be better if we could find jobs but otherwise good.

What's on your to-do list to get ready for baby this month? don't really have anything. I know we need to start working on the bedroom soon but waiting until we find out.

Do you know the gender yet? If not, are you thinking pink orblue? see above. I have no idea. My husband thinks it's a girl since we have an attic full of boy clothes. David thinks it's a boy so we'll see.

**What's the best/worst thing about being PG?  I do miss my sushi and sometimes drinking but I'm not a huge drinker anyway. I am excited now that I am finally starting to show and not looking fat but starting to look pregnant. I'm trying to enjoy it since it's my last time. 

David Nicholas 12/5/09
Expecting a GIRL 3/23/13

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:26pm

Cheryl - Yay for weekly appointments!  Just another sign that you're in the home stretch! 

Jules - I'm sorry you're feeling crappy :smileysad:  Hang in there mama, getting closer!!

Liz - I'm sorry you're feeling crapp, too :smileysad:  Youre, so, so close!!  Can't wait to find out what it is!

Jessica - Glad the ultrasound went well!  Hard to believe so many of us are towards the end now!

AFM -  As noted above I almost finished the nursery this weekend.  Waiting on some bedding to be delivered yet and need to get some blinds for the window, but that's minor, espcially since she won't be sleeping in there right away.  I need to do her name letters for the wall, but that would require choosing a name.  We're still deciding between two, although I think we're leaning about 60/40 toward Stella.  We'll see, though!  Other than that things are chugging along!

Shawn 
Mom to DS, July 2009
Expecting our little girl after three m/c - EDD 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:26pm

Name/SO Name: Suzie and Joe

How many weeks are you?  6 weeks-ish

Any exciting dates/appointments this month?  10/17 first u/s!  :smileyhappy:

Do you feel like you will go early or late?  Early, I guess

How are you feeling physically?  Whine, whine, whine.  I'm tired and my back aches.  I want to eat or throw up- there is no in between... :smileywink:  But I am eating well and exercising and my hubby rubs my back so overall, I'm okay! 

How are you feeling emotionally?  I'll feel better in 16 days after my u/s, knowing that "Tot" will be sticking around.

What's on your to-do list to get ready for baby this month?  Nothing yet.  Just keep taking care of myself.  :smileyhappy:

Do you know the gender yet? If not, are you thinking pink orblue?  I've been saying 'he' but I really want a 'she.'

**What's the best/worst thing about being PG? :-D
BEST:  Knowing you are growing a person, feeling the baby move and having that bond of unconditional love so quickly (I loved you when you were a rapidly multiplying ball of cells...)

WORST: Uncertainty and discomforts of 1T. 

-Suzie :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:20am

Name/SO Name:  Shawn/KJ

How many weeks are you?  31w4d

Any exciting dates/appointments this month?  Just regular OB appt this week, then I'm on bi-weekly appts.

Do you feel like you will go early or late?  Early, should be November 20th as long as baby doesn't have other ideas!

How are you feeling physically?  Ok.  Back is starting to hurt off and on and my hips still hurt pretty bad at night.  Starting to make even more bathroom trips and it's definitely harder to bend over :smileyhappy:

How are you feeling emotionally?  Also ok.  Is it weird that I'm only 7 weeks out from delivery and still haven't really had that "a-ha" moment.  Like holy cow, we're really having another baby?

What's on your to-do list to get ready for baby this month?  I need to get the bassinet from my grandma's house.  Pick up a couple of breastfeeding supplies.  Nothing major (I don't think, unless I'm forgetting something!)  Finally finished most of the nursery!

Do you know the gender yet? If not, are you thinking pink orblue?  pink!

**What's the best/worst thing about being PG? :-D  Best thing is movement, for the most part anyway :smileyhappy:  Also the anticipation that comes with baby and your growing family!  Worst part is just the general discomforts that come with pregnant, both at the beginning and at the end!

Shawn 
Mom to DS, July 2009
Expecting our little girl after three m/c - EDD 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:56am

Name/SO Name: Jessica & Mike

How many weeks are you? I will be 34 weeks this friday

Any exciting dates/appointments this month? Just more ultrasounds weekly on Monday and going through my MW appointments. I am going to discuss the "plan" with my midwife next week to see what she is thinking for how long she is going to let me go. my OB talked about inducing at 39 weeks.

Do you feel like you will go early or late? probably early.

How are you feeling physically? I am actually feeling pretty well. just some heartburn and hip pain at night. I have started the waddle everytime I walk now :smileyhappy:

How are you feeling emotionally? a little freaked out realizing that I only have 6 weeks until my due date...but I know this work will be done. and the nursery is almost complete.

What's on your to-do list to get ready for baby this month? We just have to move the crib and the dresser. and finish washing a few things. I have to get a coming home outfit, but I think I know what I want just need to find the right size now. OH and my BFF is planning a shower for me even though it's our 2nd baby. She is so sweet, so I need to finish up the registery. 

Do you know the gender yet? If not, are you thinking pink orblue? Pink 

**What's the best/worst thing about being PG? :-D One of the worst is the fact that everyone seems to think I can't do anything.....but it is nice to get help :smileyhappy:

AFM - I had my 2nd BIophysical - fluid went up a little but still good. She was sticking her tongue out and had the hiccups this time. so darn freaking adorable!!!

Pages