When to announce?!

iVillage Member
When to announce?!
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 10:15pm

When do you plan on announcing?! Why did you decide this?!?! (Personal Choice?! History!? Job related!? etc.)

When will you tell family!? (Any fun ways?!)

When will you tell close friends?!

Announce on social media (FB Twitter blog)?!

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 10:19pm
I told my family- It was bound to come out... and everyone (well except MIL- long story) everyone was happy. There was no big way... I just told them.

I also told close friends already. And I told my work (we are a close knit group of 6 woman).

I havent however announced on FB. I just cant decide when to do it or how to do it.

I dont have a negative pregnancy history.. and I am very excited to have conceived number 2. :-)

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:18am
You can change your profile to Expecting a Baby!! Like, when people get married or engaged. I think that's how I'll do it once I'm in the 2nd tri.
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:31pm
Oh cool!! I may just do that!!

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:28pm
Only DH & I know for now. We will tell once we get our first ultrasound pics. My thought is to get a pic of my DD in a big sister shirt and a copy of the ultrasound pic and put them both in a frame for my parents. Facebook I will probably announce after we tell our family & close friends.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:42pm

With my daughter this is how we announced to our parents. I printed this out in baby pink and baby blue (alternating each line) and framed it. It just so happened that both of our parents Wedding Anniversaries are in May and were in NJ visiting a few weeks beforehand. We told them we had their Anniverary present and they LOVED it!! They still have them framed in their homes. 

Dear Grandpa & Grandma, 

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss.
I don't yet have a name.

Not yet can you hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.

But all that will change come this June,
When they say I am due.
I am your newest grandchild;
And I can't wait until I meet you!

All I ask between now and then 
Is your love for me to grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait;
Just think of all the joy we'll know!

So as you're waiting patiently,
Please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part 
Of this wonderful family!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 11:26am
Not until well into the 2nd trimester until the threat of mc is decreased.

Morrow1.png Sig picture by beansand

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 6:36pm
When do you plan on announcing?! Why did you decide this?!?!

Thinking Thanksgiving (10 wks) would be good.... or maybe Christmas (almost 15 wks). Last year I had a miscarriage at 14 weeks, right after we told everyone so I'm nervous to say anything early this time.

We'll do the "Big Sister" t-shirt routine on my daughter, with pics for the distant family/friends.

When will you tell close friends?! - I may tell a couple of friends early, but only maybe.

Announce on social media (FB Twitter blog)?! - Right after we tell everyone else. :smileyhappy:

Kate

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 9:30pm

When do you plan on announcing?! Well, we're going to try to wait until Christmas to announce - no idea if that's even doable! lol But we want to do a fun announcement gift for everyone.

When will you tell family!? (Any fun ways?!) We're thinking of having Connor wear a 'big brother' shirt holding a sonogram. I have a ton of ideas pinned on pinterest!! LOL

When will you tell close friends?! If I can hold off, we'll wait until after we tell family

Announce on social media (FB Twitter blog)?! Same :smileysad: I won't be able to say a word until after CHRISTMAS!! Ugh!!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 11:37pm
I have told my mom, but no other family yet. The kids know already because I suck at keeping secrets LOL. My EC group from '08 has been told alll about it, we are all extremely close on FB as we moved there right after we delivered and have remained extremely close ever since.

Other than that I have only told my BFF, but nobody else in my family. I have a pretty crappy history and don't want to break their hearts again as they have all been rooting for us for the past two years since we first started trying :smileyvery-happy:

On FB I will change my status, but not till around 10-12 weeks when I pass that hurdle. For family I'd love to get shirts for our girls with something about "being big sisters" on it to send to family :smileyvery-happy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 6:38am

When do you plan on announcing?! Waiting until at least 10 weeks, maybe 12 weeks if I can hold it in.

When will you tell family!? (Any fun ways?!) Told them after my first positive blood test, around 4 weeks pregnant, I think. I live across the ocean from my family, so I called my parents to give them the news. They already knew we were trying, and weren't too surprised. It was my first month off the pill, so not much suspense there.

I then sent out an email to my sisters and brothers, told them I have some BIG news but I'm too excited to find the right words so look at the attached photo. The photo was a croissant in the oven. They all called my daughter a petite croissant when I was pregnant last time because I live in France with my French husband. They all guessed it and emailed me immediately.

When will you tell close friends?! Again, after 10 or 12 weeks after the biggest threat of miscarriage.

Announce on social media (FB Twitter blog)?! Same. Not sure how we're going to do it... trying to think of a fun way of announcing it.  I think I'm about 6 weeks pregnant, so I better start getting some ideas flowing.