night time sleep change

iVillage Member
night time sleep change
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 10:51pm
I hope this is a growth spurt, but Leah has begun to get up every hour to nurse ALL night long! Its a nightmare! She was getting up once .. ugh! This has been happening for 4 nights now! Leah turned 5 months on sept. 26.. so I really really hope its a growth spurt! Hows every one else's babies doing in the nighttime? Are the sweet sleepers or all out screaching night owls! Lol
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 6:43pm
Connor went through a really bad patch at four months too :smileysad: he was up two sometimes threw times a night and wouldn't go back to sleep. I started giving him pablum before bed and that stopped the later waking, but he was still waking two hours after putting him down and it was apparent the other waking was pure habit. I started sleep training, giving him the paci once, then he would cry half hour later and I would let him cry for 5-10 minutes and then soothe him without picking him up. Next time same thing and after four nights he slept through again :smileyhappy: now he sleeps from 10-7:30 yay!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:00pm

Maxwell was sleeping consistently from 9-6 when he would start stirring but wouldn't actually wake up to eat until around 7:30.  It was soooo nice.  Since he was doing so well we decided to transition to his crib with big brother last weekend.  It has gone pretty well considering but he is waking/stirring a little more.  It is inconsistent so I'm sure it's just from the change.  As soon as he gets the paci he is right back to a sound sleep.  The last two nights he didn't stir until 4 so I'm hoping he will be all adjusted within the next few days.  The best part is that big brother hasn't been waking when Maxwell does...which is what I was most worried about!!

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."