First DDay anniversary coming up - suggestions?

iVillage Member
First DDay anniversary coming up - suggestions?
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 11:23pm
My H and I are 7 months into rebuildiing. My first DDay anniversary is coming up in a few weeks and I am dreading it. By this time last year, the A was in full swing, and I am struggling through each day, but I can't help to remember where I was a year ago to date.

I want to do something on DDay to get my mind off the memories of that day. I was thinking of spending the day with my sister, maybe a movie and dinner, or something. I can't get drunk because I am pregnant :-(

Does anyone have any advice? Should I be trying to spend that day with H instead of avoiding him? My DDay was awful! After finding them in bed naked together in the middle of the night, I had to get myself together to get our kids to school. I came home to find H and OW packing up his stuff. After calling the police to deal with that I had to go immediately from that to have a biopsy done, only to find out a few days later I had some precancerous cells I needed to get removed. Then I run into H and OW at the sheriff's office trying to get a restarining order against ME! Seriously?!?! So there is SOO much of that day I want to forget. I am not sure the best way to handle it.

I would appreciate any words of wisdom from anyone who had a sucessfull DDay anniversary.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:02am
Start with breakfast out with your sister ands plan something fun every minute of the day. Then if you need to.cancel because you don't feel.up.to it fine. But I would think in your case better to.be busy. Hugs.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:40am
I just think you need to brace yourself for a bad couple of days. Personally, I try and wouldn't avoid the pain. Hurt is an important part of the process.

Thomas

We have five kids. Our D-Day was in August, 2008.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 4:03am

I went on a trip on d-day anniversary.  It was SO painful, I kept telling myself to  think happy, think positive, I kindof succeeded, thanks to my kids for diverting my attention.  I also had a cry, and I treated myself to some good chocolate :)

Take care *hugs*   

D-day : Aug 06, 2008.
Rebuilt. 
Got pregnant, have a babygirl 3.5 years after d-day.  So now we are a family of 4 :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 7:06pm
Thanks Jane, I Love Chocolate!!