There was an accident out in front of our house tonight.

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
There was an accident out in front of our house tonight.
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:03am

Our neighbour's van was parked on the street at the end of their driveway and some guy came barrelling around the corner and hit their van and really smashed the front of his car.   The motor and the whole front was pushed right up to the windshield.   I didn't see any black skid marks so I don't think he even hit the break.  The van had some damage but not bad.  I have always said one day there is going to be an accident there as they come too fast around the corner.  Our neighbour is the couple with triplets who are 8 yrs old now and another little girl who is 5.  Sometimes they play in the driveway with coloured chalk and the mom likes to block the driveway with her van in case they get too close to the street.  Thank heavens they weren't out there today as they were at her sister's.

The neighbour across the street had her new SUV on the street earlier because their driveway was full but she moved it to their lawn not too long before the crash.

Dh was sitting at the tv and heard the big crash but he didn't see anything because the drapes were closed.  We didn't go out as they had half the neighbourhood out there.

Also Tripp visited Misha today in the bay window.  Misha took a big swat at him and hit the screen and he left after a few minutes.  He is so cute.   I think Misha feels vulnerable now that he is sick because he usually likes Tripp.  The other brown tabby came to visit too on the window ledge earlier but Misha was downstairs and Misty was sleeping in the den.   When I opened the door he ran away.

Lots of action here today with cats and cops and crashes.

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:03am
wow,that was a exciting day,wonder if that guy driving had been drinking?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:12am

Wowzers, what an exciting day for you!!!!  I hope the neighbors van will be repaired easily.  Whew, so glad the kids weren't out!!  Any ideas what was wrong with the guy??

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:49am

Gosh you sure had some excitement yesterday.  I'm so glad that the neighbor's kids weren't out playing in the driveway.  I wonder if the driver was drunk or drugged and didn't even know what he was doing.  Kinda of weird he didn't try to stop.

I'm sure that Misha is feeling vulnerable now that he is sick is why he swatted at Tripp.  I guess the brown tabby was happy that he didn't get chewed out by Misty or Misha yesterday.  lol

Yes you did have a lot of action yesterday.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:29pm
Misha, I understand just how you feel. When I'm under the weather, I don't like company either.
That's scary..such a accident in a neighborhood.. makes everyone think for a few days

Community Leader

I guess the driver must have just been careless and driving too fast around the corner.

I hope Misha will be feeling better the next time he sees Tripp and he won't hiss at him.

Photobucket

Community Leader

It sounds like they need a speed bump there to make people slow down.

Photobucket

Community Leader

Maybe city will put up a sign since that accident.

Photobucket