~*~ OcToBeR Celebrations ~*~

iVillage Member
~*~ OcToBeR Celebrations ~*~
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:20am

Have any birthdays, anniversaries, special events, planned for this month?
Let us know so we can help celebrate with you :smileyhappy:

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:47am

Youngest DS has a bday this month,
They both are in a tough mudder race so will be seeing them both this month :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:59pm

Going to Branson for a week.

DH's (our) oldest grandson will be in town for a couple of weeks and we're hoping to see him when we return home. He's arriving the day after we leave for Branson and doesn't know how long he'll be able to stay yet.

Lunch with a girlfriend I haven't seen in awhile.

BIL bday on the 19th, don't know if there will be a party yet.

TOPS Fun Days on October 20th.

SisIL's bday on the 26th, will go out to YaYa's for lunch with her.

Halloween Trunk or Treat at church on the 31st!

Of course there will be other stuff going on too!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 3:25pm
neverstopping wrote:

Going to Branson for a week.

DH's (our) oldest grandson will be in town for a couple of weeks and we're hoping to see him when we return home. He's arriving the day after we leave for Branson and doesn't know how long he'll be able to stay yet.

Lunch with a girlfriend I haven't seen in awhile.

BIL bday on the 19th, don't know if there will be a party yet.

TOPS Fun Days on October 20th.

SisIL's bday on the 26th, will go out to YaYa's for lunch with her.

Halloween Trunk or Treat at church on the 31st!

Of course there will be other stuff going on too!

Lots of fun activites for you as always!
What does *Fun Days* mean for TOPS?
Am sure there will be a party or two in there, LOL
Enjoy all your celebrating this month :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 3:59pm
hugss wrote:

At TOPS Fun Days, each area chapter dresses in a theme. This year the theme is sports related. Out chapter will be the "G" <name of the town> Girly Girls Team and we'll all wear pink shirts of any style and shade of pink we want and we'll add bling jewelr and maybe a boa. One of the gals will be the cheerleader and another one will be the referee. We'll make up a cheer for our team. The table setting and centerpieces will be sports. There will be a large variety of salads and hot dogs & chips too. They'll give recognition to chapters with the biggest weightloss, which one got the most new members and other stuff like that. There's also a basket raffle. I and another gal are in charge of the basket stuff that we all donate to. The basket theme is Pamper Yourself and has body wash, shower pouff, nail files, nail polish and a lot of other stuff like that. People buy tickets to use to bid on baskets with their names on the tickets and there's drawings for each basket. All the money made off of our basket will go to our chapter. Most of the money for the tickets to attend will go to our chapter, too, as we are the host chapter. That's pretty much it I guess. This is the first year I'll be attending it.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:05pm
neverstopping wrote:
hugss wrote:

At TOPS Fun Days, each area chapter dresses in a theme. This year the theme is sports related. Out chapter will be the "G" <name of the town> Girly Girls Team and we'll all wear pink shirts of any style and shade of pink we want and we'll add bling jewelr and maybe a boa. One of the gals will be the cheerleader and another one will be the referee. We'll make up a cheer for our team. The table setting and centerpieces will be sports. There will be a large variety of salads and hot dogs & chips too. They'll give recognition to chapters with the biggest weightloss, which one got the most new members and other stuff like that. There's also a basket raffle. I and another gal are in charge of the basket stuff that we all donate to. The basket theme is Pamper Yourself and has body wash, shower pouff, nail files, nail polish and a lot of other stuff like that. People buy tickets to use to bid on baskets with their names on the tickets and there's drawings for each basket. All the money made off of our basket will go to our chapter. Most of the money for the tickets to attend will go to our chapter, too, as we are the host chapter. That's pretty much it I guess. This is the first year I'll be attending it.

Sounds like a really nice fun event Donna,
You'll be so pretty in pink too!
Can't wait to hear all  about it after :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 5:07pm
hugss wrote:

Youngest DS has a bday this month,
They both are in a tough mudder race so will be seeing them both this month :smileyhappy:

Happy birthday to youngest DS this month Hugs, will you do anything special?  Out to dinner or anything?

What is a tough mudder race?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 5:10pm
neverstopping wrote:
hugss wrote:

That sounds like fun, Donna!  You Girly Girl!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 5:13pm

My dad's birthday is October 10th, and I'll be there for it!

He's going to be 87!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 5:19pm
How cool you will be there for your Dad's birthday Diana,
Very special :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 5:20pm
We won't be seeing him on his bday Diana,
Teacher parent conferences, LOL
I will send a cake to the school.
Hopefully we'll see him that weekend but not sure.
A tough mudder race is a very hard/long race with many obstacles :smileyhappy:

Pages