October LTP!!!

iVillage Member
October LTP!!!
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:02am

Happy October! I'm on my tablet so Ican't see what the final post before midnight was, so I'll post the winner's blinky prize when I get home from work around 4ish today (unless we have another crazy day where planes get delayed/break down like yesterday lol) I hope you all had a great weekend and that you have a great start to the month =)

Congratulations to BECCA!! You're our LTP winner for September!!!  Here is the belated prize that I promised...

eta that I just re-read this post and realized that it was indeed another crazy day with multiple delays! Ugh!!!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:13pm
Hee hee to the in crowd. I don't have a crafty project like that on the go, so I must be the oddball. I've been thinking about starting a puzzle at some point, though... I do like having something to do while watching TV, and seeing something come together that I made is a great feeling.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:18pm
A working vacation doesn't sound fun, but a place you can rent out will be worth it. Praying you have a very productive week and the painting isn't so bad either. :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:28pm
Sounds like everyone had a crazy Monday. (My morning was busy, more on that later.)

Hope the eye appt goes well and you like wearing contacts. :smileyhappy: I haven't been wearing mine because my eyes always seem to be tired, or they are after I wear the contacts for a few hours. *Sigh* Maybe I'll try a new pair tomorrow since I was changing them at the start of the month. I think I might just have weird eyes. :smileywink::smileywink:

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:39pm
Aw, that's sweet!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:42pm
Yay to the laundry being caught up! :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:45pm
It does seem that way, doesn't it? My time and energy to clean are during the day, so I make it work the best I can. :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:17am
I know....can you believe it? I am going to try to stick around this time...no more nursing school to get in my way! :smileywink:
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:20am
We went to the ILs' lake house yesterday. Left at 9 am, got back just after 5 pm. Whew!

It was a good visit, some fishing on the shore of the lake (rocky spot, could have used some sandy beach) and then the usual hot dogs for lunch, cooked over a fire. Yum yum!

Hubby helped with the ILs' laptop (new antivirus software, I think) and the boys played a lot while I supervised. It was actually pretty relaxing, maybe because I wasn't watching the clock except for enforcing bathroom breaks. :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:28am
We ordered Chinese on the way home, so that made a good easy supper. Then it was almost time for the boys to get to bed. The adults spent the evening watching TV while cuddling on the couch. :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:47am
This morning I had an appt to get the winter tires on the car, so after taking Tim to school, I put Ben's car seat back in the car (since we rarely drive the car up the crazy single lane dirt mountain) and got the tires in as well.

Ben and I took a walk in the neighbourhood near our Wal-Mart, then we came back to do part of the shopping. We took our non-perishables home when the car was ready, had a snack and then took care of meat and produce. (We may have saved money on our Thanksgiving turkey for next Monday - with a $25 grocery order, frozen turkeys in the 5-7 kg range were selling at a flat rate rather than price per pound.)

Pages