October!
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:08am
Already!

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: kierasmama
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 12:47am
So now for the Oktoberfest drama

Our plan yesterday was to leave here around 1, arrive there a bit after 2, and hang out until around 7 or so

I knew James would cry the whole way home because he hates being in the van at night, and I knew Aidan would fall asleep on the way home, risking him waking up and being wide awake when we got home

I also knew Jim would want to stay overnight (this was a 2-day party, so some people were camping there), even though he agreed we would come home

Well we got there, had a great time, Jim got drunk (I knew he would because these are old friends we rarely see and he likes to drink with them)

When it was time to go, Jim found a buddy who agreed to bring him home later and I left with the kids

I was irritated with him when I left because I always get irritated when he drinks too much, and I felt like he was kind of ignoring me and the kids a bit in his effort to get back to the party as we were leaving

But fine, great, see you tomorrow. whatever

I was not familiar with the area, it's a bit over an hour away, but I had his GPS, so I wasn't too worried

When I started up the GPS, I hit the "Go home" button, started off, and as predicted James started crying

Halfway through the travel time displayed on the GPS, I remembered he had set his work as "home" due to safety issues (if the GPS is ever stolen, the thieves would have your home address)

I. Was. Pissed.

Work is an hour from the party...in THE WRONG DIRECTION, so I went home via a VERY wide detour!!

An hour and 15 minute trip took over two hours, grrrr!

And poor James cried for a solid hour before he passed out, even with Kiera sitting right next to him trying to entertain him :smileysad:

And stupid Jim had left his stupid phone in the van, so I called a friend who was there and bitched at Jim, and got no sympathy (though in the interest of full disclosure, he had told me some time ago he'd set work as "home", but I never use the gps, so I'd forgotten)

Anywho, I finally get home a bit after 10pm, and thankfully Aidan stayed asleep when I brought him in and put him to bed

When I got up this morning, Jim had not gotten home yet, so I figured his buddy's wife had gotten too drunk and they'd stayed there

No biggie, I thought, surely he'll call me soon

He called me..........at 4pm................from JAIL!!

He'd left the party and gone to a bar with a friend, they were walking from bar #1 to bar #2 when he stumbled, fell, and rolled down a little hill that was right there

A cop saw it, made him do all the drunk tests, and hauled him off for public intoxication

So lucky me, I got to load up Bridget, Aidan and James, drive over an hour back down to Front Royal, Virginia and pick him up

And of course Aidan took a lovely long nap in the van from 5-7pm and was up until 11pm

Can you say nightmare!?

And yes, Jim is appropriately embarrassed and apologetic, but I'm still ticked at him, and plan to tease him about it for quite a while yet!

And don't say anything about it on FB, he certainly wouldn't be pleased if he knew I was blabbing to you all, but he doesn't want his parents or my parents to know, of course, and I need to gripe somewhere!!

Aaarrrgh!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:17pm
That was a quick catch up

It was a pretty uneventful evening at work tonight

Which was good since I was tired

It was not a good night for money however ...

Sunday nights are rough in the fall - the Patriots often play at 4pm and that basically tanks the night since we are not a sports bar type place

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:15pm
Sorry your dinner out wasn't the best ....

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:13pm
kierasmama wrote:
I did have fun at Oktoberfest, but the trip home and the day after were full of drama

I'll have to go into details later, as it's bedtime here and I don't have time to concentrate on a long post :smileytongue:

But I will say everyone is fine and we're still married, lmbo!

Well at least you are still married, lol!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:11pm
Happy Birthday Freya!!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 8:42pm
we just got home from dinner?
we were going to do steaks here at home?
but when i went to season the steaks they looked funny underneath (brown)
they smelled funky too so i wasn't willing to eat them?
so we went out instead?
which we should have stayed home as it wasn't enjoyable at all?
Steve has been in a foulish mood all day?
Gage said something to Sheridan (tomorrow is "grumpy" day & he said she would be the Queen) that ticked her off so she was all pouty?
the service was slow, the salt & pepper both had "gunk" on them & one of my forks in my silverware roll was dirty which set Steve off?
then our food came & Graham accidently hit Gage's arm & he was holding his burger?
& it caused him to drop it on the table so he was upset about that, blaming Graham, which got him all upset?
we waited for them to make Gage a new burger which made the meal even longer & overall, it just wasn't a good experience this time?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 8:38pm
I did have fun at Oktoberfest, but the trip home and the day after were full of drama

I'll have to go into details later, as it's bedtime here and I don't have time to concentrate on a long post :smileytongue:

oh my...now i really want to know what happened?!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 8:36pm
sorry you slept poorly--enjoy your nap?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 8:16pm
I do wear the same things over and over because I only have a few things that fit right now

I only need to lose about one more size, so I don't want to go out and spend money on clothes that will hopefully be too big soon :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 8:12pm

Photobucket

Pages