3T Check In - October

iVillage Member
3T Check In - October
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 6:50am

The leaves are starting to fall, and the weather is getting cooler.  Fall is definitely here!  Are you excited or sad to see the change in season?  How are the little babies doing this month?  Any big appts or updates to be shared?

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:52pm
I'm still surprised I managed to deliver two babies just over 9 lbs. I totally understand wanting a smaller baby! I don't think the doc here ever guessed at the weight, and that was probably good so I didn't stress over it!

Praying not so secretly that induction won't be needed! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:33pm

I LOVE fall, so yes, I'm excited!

Noah's doing fine! He's a giant little baby (or appears to be on sonogram) measuring in at a whopping 7 lbs 2 oz at 34 weeks. I'm really praying he's not as big as we think he is... it would be fun to deliver and discover he only weighs 7 pounds :smileyhappy: I'm not eating any more sugar and carbs are restricted to 100% whole wheat from here until the baby is born... just 5-ish more weeks. I think I can do it! I am secretly praying to go into labor on my own at 38 weeks. My doctor won't induce until 39, but I really just want to go by myself, and if they're gaining a half pound to a pound a week, that'll help a lot.

I'm down to weekly appointments from here on out, and next week I do the whole group B strep, HIV, etc... testing. Fun! But I should be done with all of the testing after that. I can't believe that by the end of this month I could be holding a baby! So excited!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 6:38am
I completely understand. Minus the gestational diabetes, I felt the same way while pregnant with JJ.