anonymous user
BOO!!! Its October!!!
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:01am

Cant believe it! another month..

yay i am starting the thread!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:34am

Nice car choice Michelle! Was the leasing process earlier than buying?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:39am

Yay!  That sounds like a sweet ride Michelle.  So did you trade in your minivan or is that G's ride?  I thought our weather was hot (80's) but you've got us beat!  I would totally close the windows and crank up the ac.  I do not like to sweat unless I'm working out.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:41am

One more month til Disney Y!!!  Woo Woo!  Can I come with you as C's nanny?  :smileywink:

I'm sorry about your friend.  That stinks that her suspicions were right.  Remind me of the situation again?  Aren't they loaded and living in TN but totally unhappy?  Why was she staying with him?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:47am

We leave tomorrow for Seattle for almost three weeks. Dh is staying home and hopefully working like crazy. He is thinking about another job change (insert eye roll) and may go up to dc for a few days to shadow. I am looking forward to spending time with my family but totally dreading the xcountry flight alone. We're flying southwest so luckily I can check bags and not deal with that but Abby is NOT a lap baby anymore.  She is all over the place!  We won't have any kind of entertainment on the way there since I'm getting my new laptop(!) in Seattle but she won't watch it anyway so it would really just keep J entertained.  I found a few things at Marshall's to surprise him with and hopefully keep him busy.  Any tips for Abby?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:49am

Why do I always think of consignment stores last?  After going to a bajillion stores I stopped by Kid2Kid and found tons of clothes for Abby.  Cute baby jeans from the gap that were $17 at the outlet mall were only $6 at the consignment store--score!  I need to remember to just go there first.

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:19am
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Y. All you can do I think is be there to listen and remind her that SHE did not do this and is not failing her children!

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:23am
Nice car, Michelle! That stinks about your friend, Y. I hope she finds some peace, that is a stressful situation. Alicia, I am the queen of consignment lol. When I was pregnant with mason I went to a thrift store in a well to do city in St. Louis and I got over 20 items, most with tags from stores like gap, Nordstrom, Janie and Jack, carters...etc for a dollar a piece. My family lovingly calls me the coupon queen, lol. My husband always asks me why I don't come out with fifty bags of stuff like the ladies on tv do. Im not willing to raise my kids on chocolate milk and ramen noodles :-D
Lilypie - Personal picture
Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:30am
I think it was probably about the same. We still negotiated to get the price of the car down and negotiated the warranty on door dings, etc. I didn't think when I first started the process that the national lease deals were negotiable but they were.

Michelle

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:32am
We kept the minivan - we're going to sell our 11-yo Honda Accord and use the money to pay off a credit card. I'll probably list it on craigslist next week. I had a valet guy offer to buy it when I was visitng my sister at a hotel in Santa Monica last fall but I think G threw out his phone number. Not that it matters - would probably get the same no matter who bought it.

Michelle

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:35am
Glad you can get away, Alicia! Definitely bring DVD movies for your trip home - did you get an external DVD drive? When we flew with Addison that age, she was pretty well entertained by putting toys in and out of the seat pocket but it was still a nightmare. The trip home I followed a fellow passenger's advice and gave her Benadryl

Michelle

Pages