OcToBeR Roll Call & CeLeBraTioNs

iVillage Member
OcToBeR Roll Call & CeLeBraTioNs
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:16am

october.gif

Please take a minute to sign the SandBox's October Roll Call.

Of course you'll share your celebrations with us too ;O)

Happy Birthday to all those celebrating their special day this month

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:14am
mommyofthezoo wrote:

Funny, we have never experienced the things you mentioned. I was born in Milwaukee. I have friends and family there. My mom is buried in Greenfield. For me Milwaukee is just a laid back, wash my worries away, refreshing, feel good place. Wisconsin people are just so flippin nice too! Not at all like Chicago or NW Indiana. Wisconsin is the only place I have ever been where it is near impossible for me to speed because I enjoy just taking it all in. I have been to Summerfest a time or 2 in my life but that is it for lakefront. I can go to the lakefront where I live, same lake, same view. 

Well, I didn't say I did all those things, just that they're there if I want to do them, lol. I do love the zoo, though, and go pretty often, and the lakefront is nice to drive along, but Port Washington is closer to me and has the same lake view, so I go there much more often. And would you believe I've never been to Summerfest or the State Fair? Too many people. I'm not comfortable in crowds (lingering agoraphobia). I have a couple of cousins living in and around Milwaukee, but the few times we've gotten together with them wasn't in Milwaukee!

I can understand your attraction to the place, with all the connections and memories you have here, though. I guess it's kind of like me and the Twin Cities (born in St. Paul, lived there and in a suburb of Minneapolis till I was 13). I guess our memories shape our views of places.

And thanks for saying Wisconsinites are nice people! I think the winters keep us humble, LOL!

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 11:59pm
twig04 wrote:

Hi Donna, 

Thought you are away on vacation....   glad to see you though!

We are..lol! We brought our laptop with us. Last night we were out all day and late that evening, but most days we run all day, go out to dinner and then relax in our condo here in the evenings. 

Anyway, just think of last winter,  you had practically no snow, way under the norm so perhaps it will be the same.  As for here, for some reason I feel the winter is going to be a long hard winter.  Just feel it in my bones , the way it's starting. 

True on the snow last winter. Snow or no snow, I still don't like winter. I don't like grey days, the lack of green, no flowers and can't stand to be ~~cold~~!! Whatever we get, though, we'll get through it.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 3:41pm
I won't ever feel too old for anything,,,, why should we? LOL If you're healthy enough to be able to do something then why not try it.....
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:10pm

It is fun. Something we all look forward to, even my 27 yr old niece. I wonder if we will ever feel we are too old?

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:08pm

Funny, we have never experienced the things you mentioned. I was born in Milwaukee. I have friends and family there. My mom is buried in Greenfield. For me Milwaukee is just a laid back, wash my worries away, refreshing, feel good place. Wisconsin people are just so flippin nice too! Not at all like Chicago or NW Indiana. Wisconsin is the only place I have ever been where it is near impossible for me to speed because I enjoy just taking it all in. I have been to Summerfest a time or 2 in my life but that is it for lakefront. I can go to the lakefront where I live, same lake, same view. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:09pm
Thanks!! My 20s for the most part were a blurr.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 7:26am

oh rita, 31 well you are still a baby. i don't even remember 31, lol

early Happy Birthday and hope you have a wonderful day.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 6:51am

Hi Donna, 

Thought you are away on vacation....   glad to see you though!

Anyway, just think of last winter,  you had practically no snow, way under the norm so perhaps it will be the same.  As for here, for some reason I feel the winter is going to be a long hard winter.  Just feel it in my bones , the way it's starting. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 6:48am
Then I wish you a happy birthday. Time sure flies Rita!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:53am
I'm going to the gym more. I'll be 31 be the end of the month.

Pages