Haven't been on in months, but Eli's here! :D

iVillage Member
Haven't been on in months, but Eli's here! :D
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:33am

I haven't posted since the beginning of the second trimester since life just got so insane and I couldn't find time to sit down much less get online, but I wanted to share the good news! Eli was born September 20th at 6:47 AM. We had been hoping to at least make it to 37 weeks, but we had to induce at 36w1d due to worsening preeclampsia. It was a tough labor being hooked up to magnesium sulfate and lots of other drugs, and certainly not my ideal birth, but in the end I got my beautiful and healthy baby boy at 5 pounds 9 oz! He's been back to the hospital twice now for jaundice but we're hopefully over that hump. We have another set of labs for him today, and he is looking a little yellow, but I'm hoping they come back okay this time. 

Hope everyone is well and I wish everyone safe and speedy labors :smileyhappy: Photo0182.jpg

Melissa

pregnancy week by week

Mom of 2 with one on the way!

iVillage Member
Aww great pic. Congratulations!!! As we speak, Valerie has her bassinet in the sun to try to get rid of mild jaundice, too. (She came 38w1d.)

- JM

iVillage Member
Congratulations! Welcome, Eli! :smileyhappy:
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Congrats! Welcome home little man!
iVillage Member
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby boy! He's such a cutie pie! Welcome to the world, Eli!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
What a great picture! Congratulations! :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member

Congratualations!  He's precious!  Glad he's healthy and everything is going well.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012