36w the day before Eli was born! and 1 week pp

iVillage Member
36w the day before Eli was born! and 1 week pp
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:49am

I worked my  butt off to stay in shape this pregnancy and hopefully avoid preeclampsia. I didn't, unfortunately, keep preeclampsia at bay and in fact we delivered him earlier than any of my pregnancies where I gained a ton of weight. I at least have solace in knowing the pre-e wasn't dietary or anything I did. I held steady at a 17 pound weight gain this pregnancy and feel great! I can't wait to get back out and get running and I'm so happy to finally be wearing jeans that aren't elastic. Yes, my pre-pregnancy jeans fit :smileyhappy: 

Photo0173.jpgPhoto0186.jpg

Melissa

pregnancy week by week

Mom of 2 with one on the way!

iVillage Member
I'm scared to try my old jeans! I think I'll wait at least a few weeks. I gained 40 (was underweight pre-p), but I've lost 12 at 1w pp. I'm curious to see how/if it comes off since I had trouble gaining/maintaining a healthy weight before.

- JM

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:31am

You look great.  This pregnancy my legs/butt got tiny and my stomach got huge.  I only lost 8 pounds with birth, so I've got quite a ways to go before I lose the belly and quit looking pregnant.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Little update: my pre-p yoga pants from Aerie fit! Not exactly jeans, but I'll take them. ;-) I'm also down 8 kg of 20 kg - that's over 15 lbs. Once the regular breast milk started, I also lost tons there, so all three new bras are totally useless. Lol. But considering the issues I've had, it was probably the best for my health even if they only lasted a week. Plus, I'll be ready next time.

- JM