MONDAY CHECK IN!!!!

iVillage Member
MONDAY CHECK IN!!!!
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:17am

It's October!!! It's October!!!  It's October!!!  We are getting so close, ladies!  Some of us will be delivering our precious bundles this month, while some of us will be hanging out until November! Here we go!!!!!!

How far along ar you?

What are your expectations for the rest of your pregnancy? 

Are you anxious? Excited? Nervous? Prepared? Relaxed?

How is your comfort level?

Are you nesting? Or, resting?

What are you looking forward to this week?

How are you holding up emotionally?

First Timers: Any fears or questions the BTDT's can help with?

BTDT: Any new emotions or thoughts creeping up with this end of a subsequent pregnancy?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:25am

How far along ar you? 32w2d

What are your expectations for the rest of your pregnancy? I keep thinking it's going to speed up - everything else does, but I don't know why this pregnancy doesn't.  I really feel like I've been pregnant for much longer than I have been.  I expect that I'm going to get a litte more over it as the weeks progress!

Are you anxious? Excited? Nervous? Prepared? Relaxed? My husband says that I'm antsy and nervous.  I haven't ever been known to be a relaxed person (I'm pretty busy and high-strung by nature) and pregnancy really brings that out in me. 

How is your comfort level? I am almost certain that the next six months of my life are going to be a little uncomfortable.  I have to get through this pregnancy and the tiny baby stage, and then it will all level out.  I'm hunkered down and preparing myself mentally.  Currently, I'm not really sleeping and I'm really just plain uncomfortable.  I think the baby has dropped, though - I can breathe and it looks like I am carrying so very low. 

Are you nesting? Or, resting? Spurts of both.  Yesterday was a full on nesting blow out.  And my house still isn't clean enough to suit me....

What are you looking forward to this week? DH has been out of town the majority of the last two weeks.  I'm hoping we can start getting things moved into the house and placed in the next few weeks.  He has a busy trial schedule this week, so I'm just going to keep cleaning for now!! I'm mostly just glad to have him home.  As crazy as he can drive me (SLOB WHO BRINGS MORE PAPER THAN I CAN DEAL WITH INTO THE HOUSE!!!), I really have missed him!

How are you holding up emotionally? RIGHTTHISSECOND I'm just fine.  Try me again in a few minutes. 

BTDT: Any new emotions or thoughts creeping up with this end of a subsequent pregnancy? I'm a little disconnected.  I know I'm having a baby.  I know I love the baby.  I know that my family will be so lovely and sweet.  But, I'm just not all gushy mushy over it right now.  That's strange.  I don't talk to her as much as I talked to the others (probably because I'm talking to the others!!) and I'm not nearly as anal about getting prepared this time.  She'll come and it'll change, I'm sure.  But right now, I'm just sort of pregnant and I have all of this other stuff, KWIM?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:57pm

How far along ar you? +35 weeks, 1 month and a day to my due date :smileyhappy:

What are your expectations for the rest of your pregnancy? exhaustion and pressure / pain in pelvis to continue to get worse!  

Are you anxious? Excited? Nervous? Prepared? Relaxed? I am ready for this guy to come anytime, I finally feel like I am done with this pregnancy... still a month to go

How is your comfort level? Comfortable enough - no real swelling or pain just the normal pelvis pressure and discomfort of growing a watermelon

Are you nesting? Or, resting? finally resting

What are you looking forward to this week? canadian thanksgiving this weekend, my favourite holiday!!!

How are you holding up emotionally? Depends who you ask :smileyhappy: I have a short fuse on my temper right now

BTDT: Any new emotions or thoughts creeping up with this end of a subsequent pregnancy? This is the first pregnancy that I ever prepared myself with info on how emergency sections work - I recommend everyone do it, I was shocked how the process could work and glad that I know so I don't freak out if it happens.

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 1:02pm
thesunshinekid wrote:

BTDT: Any new emotions or thoughts creeping up with this end of a subsequent pregnancy? I'm a little disconnected.  I know I'm having a baby.  I know I love the baby.  I know that my family will be so lovely and sweet.  But, I'm just not all gushy mushy over it right now.  That's strange.  I don't talk to her as much as I talked to the others (probably because I'm talking to the others!!) and I'm not nearly as anal about getting prepared this time.  She'll come and it'll change, I'm sure.  But right now, I'm just sort of pregnant and I have all of this other stuff, KWIM?

I am right there with you Jules! It feels really strange to be approaching the end of this pregnancy in that state of mind. It has started to change now that I feel less stressed but still not the same as the others.

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 3:45pm

How far along ar you? 33 weeks tomorrow!

What are your expectations for the rest of your pregnancy?  I really just hope to be able to work a few more weeks and get more things done around the house!

Are you anxious? Excited? Nervous? Prepared? Relaxed?   Very anxious but excited! I am just nervous that it will happen when it shouldn't happen like a planned event or something

How is your comfort level?  Not good! I am sleeping horribly and the pain in my inner thighs continues to be horrible every day. I wake up constantly at night with crazy dreams, needing to pee, leg pain, etc...plus chasing the daycare kiddos around is becoming a chore!

Are you nesting? Or, resting?  both...i get on these rants but if i do too much i am in for serious back pain!

What are you looking forward to this week?   my youngest turned 3 today so that is the highlight of my week! seriously i don't have anything planned

How are you holding up emotionally?   pretty good i think

BTDT: Any new emotions or thoughts creeping up with this end of a subsequent pregnancy?   i keep thinking about a csection since i made it through 3 without one...i wonder how my kids will accept the baby. other than that...nothing really!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:40pm

How far along ar you? 33w Wednesday

What are your expectations for the rest of your pregnancy?  I'm expecting to get more tired.  But hopefully things continue to go smoothly.

Are you anxious? Excited? Nervous? Prepared? Relaxed? Anxious and excited and nervous and unsure and all kinds of emotions, but not prepared.  lol

How is your comfort level?  Um....my back hurts.  I'm ready to have my body back.  I want to be able to get from a laying position without pushing here and then there and turn and ugh...it's such work.  But then, I feel Lily moving around and everything goes away and I'm like, aw look.  And then I start talking to her and such.  So, it's an okay trade off.  :smileyhappy:

Are you nesting? Or, resting?  Neither.  Nesting hasn't hit me at all.  I guess I'm resting...sometimes.

What are you looking forward to this week? Nothing in particular. 

How are you holding up emotionally?  Okay.  I can cry really easily, but I'm not overly emotional like I have been.

First Timers: Any fears or questions the BTDT's can help with?  I think most of my fears and questions are just things that will remain unknown until birthing day!  lol 

BTDT: Any new emotions or thoughts creeping up with this end of a subsequent pregnancy?

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 6:57pm

How far along ar you?

I'll be 34 weeks on Wednesday!

After 5 babies the only thing I know is not to expect anything- what happens happens.

I am prepared and relaxed. I am nervous that I may not make it to November, just because I have a hectic October and would like for him to stay put so I can get it all done.

Depends on the day.  Usually I am really sore, today I am feeling good.

Both! :smileyhappy:  I take turns between doing projects and putting my feet up.

I plan on starting to wash clothes and get the car seat out of the box.  I had my 34 wk appt today  for a NST and progesterone. Baby boy looks great- very active while monitering.

Good!

Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:10pm

How far along ar you? 34 weeks tomorrow!

What are your expectations for the rest of your pregnancy? Hmmm.... I guess I don't have a huge amount of expectations. Maybe just that I'll be getting bigger and having worse heartburn? Lol! 

Are you anxious? Excited? Nervous? Prepared? Relaxed? I'm so excited to meet this little guy! I'm pretty prepared, but never relaxed.

How is your comfort level? We went to the State Fair of Texas on Friday & Lego Discovery Center on Saturday, and after all of that, I could feel that I don't get around like I normally do. My hips still hurt, and I feel like a balloon about to bust, but it could be a lot worse, right?

Are you nesting? Or, resting? Mostly resting, I guess. My shower is on the 20th, so I'm not buying anything else for the baby until after that. I did buy some yoga pants and some larger sized shirts, socks, chapstick, gum, etc.... Just stuff for the hospital. After I figure out what bag to take, I'll be packed!

What are you looking forward to this week? Sonogram tomorrow! At my appointment last week, I was measuring HUGE, so he wants to make sure my fluid levels aren't too high. The night before that appointment, I felt him curl up sideways into my ribs (VERY uncomfortable), and he stayed there all the next day, so I'm guessing his position was what was causing the leap in measurements. I'm not too worried, but it'll be nice to see him and make sure everything is good.

How are you holding up emotionally? I'm a mess. We had a good family friend pass away last Thursday, so I've been pretty weepy. This morning, my husband made breakfast & he took too long and I started crying. 

BTDT: Any new emotions or thoughts creeping up with this end of a subsequent pregnancy?  Nope, not really!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:19pm

How far along ar you? 32 weeks on Thursday

What are your expectations for the rest of your pregnancy? I'm thinking I'm going to start getting more and more uncomfortable.

Are you anxious? Excited? Nervous? Prepared? Relaxed? Mostly anxious and nervous at this point. Bouts of excitement. Not much relaxation, lol.

How is your comfort level? Decreasing. Sleep is frustrating because rolling over is a big production. I end up staying in one position for a long time and I get sweaty and stiff.

Are you nesting? Or, resting? Mostly resting still. I've been doing a little bit here and there but I'm trying to spread out the tasks. Today I did more laundry. Lost a few baby socks, ugh. I need to get a mesh bag for those suckers.

What are you looking forward to this week? I have my 32w appt on Thursday.

How are you holding up emotionally? Better than I had been the last several weeks.

First Timers: Any fears or questions the BTDT's can help with? Most of my anxieties are just things I'll have to get used to on my own. I'll be sure to post any others!

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 2:47pm

How far along ar you?

34 weeks this week!

Im counting down the days till its over! lol

Im getting anxious, very excited, a little nervous, and about as prepared as we are going to get! My husband seems oddly relaxed, but he has little outbursts of "OMG I cant believe its almost time!" moments. I think he will freak out on the way to the hospital lol.

Im SOOOO uncomfortable! With good reason, the doctor said the baby feels huge. and the ultrasound weight guess is 7 1/2lbs at 34 weeks! OMG

A little of both, I am trying to rest because I know I need it. I am nesting as well though. We just got brand new living room furniture, so We have been getting the living room looking how we want it too. Im also trying to get some early Christmas shopping done, as well as birthday shopping for my husband, just so it will be less stuff for me to do when the baby gets here. I am also trying to get all of my college school work finsihed so that I wont have to worry about it so much with a newborn and recovery from the c-section.

My birthday on Friday! My daughter is going to stay the night with my husbands parents and we are going to go to a big fall festival / art fair that we go to every year and go out to eat. Im looking forward to spending time with my Husband. 

Pretty good, although, while eating dinner the other day, my husband said something along the lines of " Its weird to think in a few weeks our life will never be exactly like this every again. Its going to be different and even better than it is now" and I almost lost it lol

N/A

A little, my husband is getting a vasectomy after the baby is born, so we will not be having anymore kids. Sometimes it makes me a little sad to think about.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 2:47pm

How far along are you? 33 1/2 weeks! Only 31 more days to go!

What are your expectations for the rest of your pregnancy? This is more like a hope, but not to bleed at all in October so my OB will keep my c-section date. 

Are you anxious? Excited? Nervous? Prepared? Relaxed? I am really excited and wanting October to be over with already. I am also nervous about the c-section and her being really small (I am not expecting a baby over 7 lbs).

How is your comfort level? Terrible, every muscle in my body aches, I have been getting migraines the past 3 days despite drinking lots of fluids, taking tylonal, and my allergy medicines. I have also been waking up every hour with my hips and shoulders sore for the pressure.

Are you nesting? Or, resting? Mostly resting since I want to last until 37 weeks.

What are you looking forward to this week? Getting it over with... I have too much planned on Thursday and have to go to Taco Bell that day even though the smell of the place still makes me sick.

How are you holding up emotionally? Yesterday my mood was crappy, but then my DH made me feel better by telling me I looked sexy while putting oil on. Boy those little comments can really make you feel better when you feel like a whale.

First Timers: Any fears or questions the BTDT's can help with? I don't have a rash or anything but my belly and boobs are really itchy despite putting oil and lotion on twice a day, does anyone have a solution? I use almond oil and cocoa butter if that helps.

Pages