45 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes: Pies, Cakes, Soups and More!

Administrator
45 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes: Pies, Cakes, Soups and More!
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:18am

It's that time of the year again-Pumpkins! Here are a few recipes you might like to try: http://www.ivillage.com/pumpkin-recipes-0/3-b-285082

Feel free to share your own!

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member

I've never used pumpkin much, but that Pumpkin Spice cake looks yummy! And the pumpkin shaped pumpkin rolls -- I have to make those for Thanksgiviing; they are just too cute!

iVillage Member

I absolutely love pumpkin recipes. There is something about the smell of pumpkin pies that will always remind me of my mamma's kitchen. She'd be playing Frank Sinatra or Englebert Humperdink on the record player and we kids would be sitting at the table doing homework and drooling for that pie.

I know that this contains milk so isn't vegan but this is the pumpkin pie recipe I've used for years if anyone is interested:

Ingredients
  • -Single Crust Pie Crust
  • -1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • -2 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • -2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • -1/2 teaspoon salt
  • -1 large egg
  • -1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
  • -1 (12 oz.) can evanporated milk
  • - Whipped cream
Instructions

Heat oven to 375°F.

MIX brown sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl. Add egg, pumpkin and evaporated milk. Beat until smooth. Pour into pie crust.

BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted one-inch from edge comes out clean. Cool. Serve topped with whipped cream.

Instead of pumpkin pie spice, the following mixture may be used: 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.

Brenda

iVillage Member
Yum yum yum I love pumpkin. Some of those recipes look really good to so I can't wait to experiment.
Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member

DH loves pumpkin.  I have been been making it with baked sweet potatoes.  Would love some ideas for a lite crust, though.