Presidential Debates?

iVillage Member
Presidential Debates?
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:35am

Does anyone watch the Presidential debates? Why or why not? If you are a watcher, do the debates ever change your mind on who you are voting for?

I personally have made up my mind so don't think the debates would change anything. I do wonder why they didn't have the debates much earlier this year.

Brenda

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:40am

I wasn't going to watch the debate but did anyways. I am really shocked at how poorly the President of the United States performed. It was like he was stuck to a script and seemed oblivious to what was being said.

He did say it was his anniversary so maybe he had his mind on Michelle.

Brenda

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:31pm

I'd like to watch them simply for the entertainment value. I don't really trust anyone in politics much these days, but my mind is made up on voting as well. I would like to see how the PR/marketing aspect of the voting goes. This has been like watching a trainwreck for the last nine months!

Build your own free website for your family pictures! www.totsites.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:43pm

Nope, not watching. I've made my decision and at this point, I'm tired of hearing all the bologna being served up.

As for political surveys, I hate 'em. The last time I answered a phone survey (by accident, I was on my way out the door and grabbed the phone as it rang), I was completely annoyed at the way they slanted the questions, insisting I give a simple yes or no answer. Well, in real life, things aren't always a yes or no, so don't ask my opinion of you aren't going to listen to my response.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:27pm

Oh boy, speaking of robocalls, I can't believe how many of them along with political surveys I am getting. Recently I made the mistake of answering the phone before the caller ID popped up and it was from a political organization asking me to take a survey. I was shocked over the inaccurate statements and rumors the caller was repeating to me.

I heard an interesting statement the other day where someone suggested they remove all names and pictures and voters be allowed to vote only on a group of principles and promises and not know who they were attached to. It would certainly change the messages being delivered wouldn't it. lol 

Brenda

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:08am

Like you, I have already made up my mind and I am so sick of robocalls, nasty (and constant ads) and the like that I don't want to see another political program, period. SO I will be taping madly on my DVR to fill it with cable programs that they can't pre-empt and watching those!