Baby Bump Pics- Yay or Nay?

iVillage Member
Baby Bump Pics- Yay or Nay?
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:13am

I'm a few calendar pages past the start of the third trimester, and I've heard it countless times: "When will you be posting a photo of your bump on Facebook?!"

As much as I hate to disappoint remote family and friends, you won't catch me posting any weekly arms-length, head-cut-off, bump shots.

Why?

For the same reason that I wouldn't post a photo of my ear, or my foot, or my eyeball.

Because those are just pieces of me. The bump? It's just a piece of me. A piece of who I am, a piece of who I'm becoming. That's all. Just a piece.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/meredith-rodkey/no-you-cant-see-a-photo-of_b_1764931.html?icid=maing-g...|main5|dl30|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D202418

I was never much of a baby bump picture sharer, but I do love looking at them! How do you feel about sharing pictures of your baby bump?  Are you fine with it, or do you keep those to yourself?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:48pm

Eh, I don't really know. I do love looking at others photos. But I'm getting to the big phase and we went to reunion this weekend (the first time extended family has seen me pregnant) and everyone kept saying how big I was. Then, I had an aunt insists on taking a bare belly photo of me from the front and side. It was really uncomfortable. I take weekly pics of myself, but I didn't feel comfortable with someone else taking the photo and them having it. She even made the comment I was huge, but everyone seemed to say that this weekend. I must have really grown over the past week or so because everyone seems to be saying that. 

I would not feel comfortable posting on FB a bare belly baby bump (other than on here), but maybe one with maternity clothes over the bump.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 9:52am
I haven't posted a picture of my bump on facebook with this pregnancy because besides my mom and my siblings, no other family and friends no that I'm pregnant. If I announced it I would post pictures but not bare. I only have bare belly photos for myself and wouldn't post them online either.