ROLL CALL October '12

iVillage Member
ROLL CALL October '12
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:28am

Hi everyone!! I'm really happy to see some new members on here joining in and making a commitment to change your life for the better. New and old members; please jump in and let us know you are still here and anything else about yourself you want to share. Also, please state your fitness or health goals! 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:35am

One more thing I wanted to add. If you didn't see this today (Oct 1st) please post when you do see this, even if it's much later in the month. The only deadline you have for responding in this thread is Oct 31st!! LOL! 

Ok, I'll go first. I'm your Forum Leader in the group also known as "Community Leader." My name is Krista and I live in the mid Atlantic area. The weather here has been wonderful for the start of fall! I'm starting a new 3 month challenge to keep pushing my weight loss through the end of the year. I want to be proud of myself on New Years, not sad!! How many of us have started all over again on New Years and was so depressed over our weight on that day?? I'm ready to turn that around and make it a positive day. To date I've lost 83 pounds and my goal for this month is to get below 200lbs. As of today I'm only 4 pounds away from that goal. From there it's my goal to drop 100 pounds total. 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:03pm
I'm SJ and I am still here..I've been here forever, I think...it seems that way. Kelly, did you used to have a goal to buy sexy boots? Or maybe I am remembering someone else. I laughed when I saw Krista post somewhere that she OSS lost 400 pounds...just not kept them off...that is my story too. My current weight is 178.8. My body likes this weight...it seems to naturally reset here. But my mind wants to weigh less. I am preparing to go toPoland to work for three months...it keeps getting delayed, and I am going for a week each month. My goal for October is to do really well food and workout wise during the weeks I am home, and to not do awful the week I am traveling...working out is easy for me..eating well during the day on weekdays is not bad...nights and weekends are my downfall...need to keep working on that. Happy fall everyone! SJ
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:36pm

Hey. I'm new to the board and going to fight the good fight..or rather hard fight. I have so very much going on in my life, and the weight has really piled on. My back hurts so very bad when walking for a while. I'm so embarrassed of myself. I was asked a couple weeks ago if I was pregnant. And when I said no, she went on and on, with 'so you've gained weight?' and I'm like shut the f up? I will never ask if someone is pregnant, unless the baby is crowning. What a moron. That comment and the painful memories of my very abusive ex are pushing me... I need to lose 100 pounds, but about now I'm looking to get back to my 'normal fat', if you get that, lol. I'm 5'7 with a larger build, and weighing damn close to 280. I'm focused first on getting to 235. And I LOVE the comment about getting New Year's feeling good! ME too!

I'll peep in again, but gonna go to bed to avoid eating!

A

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 7:39pm

I'm Angela.  I'm an old member too.  I've done the whole yoyo thing pretty much all my life (gain large amounts, lose large amounts).  I have two beautiful girls ages 4 and 6.  I feel in control this time around though.  I dedicated quite a bit of time (maybe 6 months to a year)  on working from the inside out.  I felt like there were some serious mental things going on in my head...even things in my heart.  This journey for me had to start internally and I've learned that for me, it's 90% mental lol.  I feel like I have regained control and have taken my power back.  This time, I want to actual post a "I-MADE-IT-TO-GOAL" message.  That's going to be wonderful!  :smileyhappy:

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 2:10pm

I am Lillly and I've been a member of iVillage for a very long time. One of the boards helped me with finances and I have gone back and forth on the health/diet boards on and off.  It has been a long while since I've been here though, but I want to try again and this time hopefully it will be different and work. Primarily because now it is really about my health more than my looks or anything else.  I've worked through a lot of my mental part and think I am in a good place as far as my mental state; so I think tackling the health issue now slowly but surely, might happen. I'm just so tired of being sick and tired.