Falling below 200 this Fall 2012

iVillage Member
Falling below 200 this Fall 2012
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:45am

Love the title of my new journal. LOL! :smileyhappy: This is my month to Get It Done! My goals for the month are to get below 200 around the 15th and defiantly before 10/20 (birthday party). I think for the month of October I could lose around 8 pounds total. That would be a great start to fall time. Here's my plan for the month:

1. Eat on target each day

2.Work out 6 days a week

3. Drink plenty of water each day

4. take vitamins

One last thing to share today. Weigh in time!!!!!!!!!! 

Last week's weight: 9/24 207lbs

Today's weight: 10/1  203lbs

I increased my water intake and it helped me tremendously in getting rid of some water weight and helping me workout harder. 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:25pm
You are doing great...but you don't need me to tell you that, you know you are awesome! SJ
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:47pm
Thanks SJ! I'll take a complement from you any day!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:56pm

I need to change my goals for the month. :smileysad: I want to get sad about it but there's no point. All I can do it start again and move on from the past 1 1/2 weeks. My little one got sick last week and in fact she is still sick. I got it from her (a cold) then my husband got it. I seemed to get over it in  like 3 days. Then was feeling better at the end of the week but still couldn't take her to the gym because of the sick rules.  Then last weekend I got sick AGAIN! :smileyembarrassed: Yesterday I was better and today I was totally fine so I went back to the gym after exactly a week a half off. It wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be. I didn't push myself too hard and I feel just fine. I did 5 mins less on the elliptical but everything else was the same. I felt about 10% less but mostly ok. I walked with my friends tonight for 1.5 hrs and my foot is killing me but I'm glad I got in more movement today because my food was 300 cals over. 

I want to make a reasonable goal for this month. Looking at the calendar I have 3 weeks left of the month. In theory I could lose 6 pounds, but my mom is coming for a visit and we are going to stay out at the beach one night. That's one day of eating out, but I've done it before.. I'm going to set the bar high. Drop 5 pounds by Nov 1st. 

We've officially decided not to travel for the holidays except very quick (2 days) for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. That will help in my weight loss goals. I can work to drop 5 pounds each month for Nov and December with a total of 10lbs, plus the 5 I want to lose this month. That will put me well below 200 before New Years. I just need to stay healthy and not get sick. 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 2:36pm

loseit.com says I will be at 199 on 11/6. That's not too far away. Very close to my DD's actual birthday and it would be a good gift to give myself. I was about 300 pounds, maybe 295lbs on the day I had her. Three years later I can be 100 pounds less. I'm good with that! :smileyhappy: 

Eating is going well today. I worked out at the gym this morning and I really felt how weak I was. I was dragging, but I finished it. Getting ready for work and hoping for a good finish to a great day so far. I already dropped 1 pound from yesterday. Getting there.... Not going to give up this time. 

After I get down below 200 I have about 50 pounds to go... 150lbs. I'm worried my weight will come off really really slow once I'm in the 190's, 80's and 70's. I want to shut my brain off about it, but I'm concerned I won't be able to get it done in 1 year. I want it all off in 6 months but I'm not sure if that is realistic. I haven't been in the 180 or 70's for so long. I don't know how my body will react to being that small. I guess the solution might be to start working to a trainer more often when I get to that stage? I'm not sure. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 12:45am
Hi all. I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a long time. I was not able to open my journal while the updates to the site were going on. I had so much to share too. :( My mom is here visiting during my DD's birthday. I've been eating really bad since she's been here. She's not on track and we've been too busy to get it right. I did workout last night and showed Mom some moves she can do. At one point during my weight lifting working out she said "I don't like to see you like this. I'll pay for lapband surgery. I don't want to see you suffer" I dropped my weights and started laughing so hard! It was a crazy thing to say, we laughed, yet I know she meant it! When we walked out I told her that she's got to get down and dirty to beat this thing. I've had to get suborn about dropping this weight this year. More drama came up with DH's family. I'm not up late and pissed just thinking about everything. I'm praying for some peace in my life. Mom leaves tomorrow and I am going Right Back to the gym after I drop her off at the airport. Also been very upset with some testing results regarding my little one. They seem to think she has odd things about her that looks like autisum. She doesn't have that. They can't say that she does because she hasn't been evaled by a MD. Her pedi has told me many times she doesn't have that, just as recently as last week. Her speech is delayed. I asked my DH tonight. You know, if she could told like a normal 2 yr old, Would they be saying all of this about her? Anyways, I've been upset and trying to regroup. She will get services for speech and preschool. I'm praying they can help her and the other children will be a positive influence for her in the classroom.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 8:38am

I'm sad to say but it's not been a great October for me. I want to finish out the last two days really strong. That will give me a good fresh start to Novemeber. My mom came for a visit and I had a really big birthday party for DD. I planned too much and didn't have time for what I needed to do... working out... eating good meals... and getting sleep. I've had problems figureing out travel and visitor issues. I know to plan ahead but I just didn't have the focus. Now I'm having issues staying on track with my eating. Sat night we had a halloween party and I ate so bad. Then Sunday night we had a adult birthday party and I again couldn't resist the food because I missed lunch. I don't want to be down on myself too much because I know its just time to start all over again. Nothing else I can do about. Today's weight in:

10/29 206lbs. 

My next challenge is to start on track every single day. Issues I need to plan for is next weekend I have off and might being going OOT for a day trip. Next after that is gonig OOT for 3 days for Thanksgiving. My trainer suggested I call ahead and find a gym down there to workout in. I also am trying to set up a golf lesson from DD's godfather while we are there. I'm wanting my DH and I to learn golf. I want him to be more active and he's excited to learn. I think its a win win for everyone. 

Although my weight has creapt back up a few pounds (3-4) everyone continues to complement me on my weight loss. I saw a co worker a few days ago and she was so sweet to tell me that I was "shrinking." I was even given a small work shirt recently. I didn't ask for it but they insisted I take a new one. I think it's 2 sizes smaller. If felt really strange and I had to ask another lady at work if it looked ok or too tight. Its these 'big' little things that are keeping me going this week when I raelly feel like I'm starting all over again. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 10:17pm

I say again...as I always do...trust your own instincts about your daughter.  No one knows her better than you do.  You are her advocate and you will know the right thing to do...and good for you for getting back on track...I am sulking over a few disappointments and it is so easy to punish myself with bad eating...I took this week off from work to do a bunch of things, including work out hard, to prep for Poland.  But I am derailed by the hurricane...there is no one to blame but either God (who is quite busy with real problems) or Mother Nature(who we all know does whatever she wants...)  Today I made myself get off the couch and go to the gym....I am glad you are doing the same....

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 12:11am
Hugs SJ! I hope you were able to get everything done that you needed to get done.
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 12:25am

What are the chances I could lose 7 pounds by the end of the year or in the next month?? Oh how I want it so bad. The thing is I haven't been wanting it bad enough. I need to get back in the zone of wanting it bad enough, track foods, drinking more water, and hitting the gym 6 days a week. I had a really bad visit with my mom. It started out ok, but the last day of her visit went bad. I'm sad about it. I'm not exactly over it because she was really hateful to me. I got upset first and she basically mad at me because of that. What can I say? She's a very subtle control freak. I'm going to let it go, but my feeling were hurt. She appologized but not in a real way where she ment it. And even if she did mean it, I wasn't really ready to move on from it. Oh well. I don't want to get upset and eat. 

Halloween was another big problem. Normally we have TONS of tick or treaters. We always run out of candy. We bought two big bags and didn't give out half of it. I ended up eating it like a crazy person. I mean I really went nuts. You would have thought I had never had a candy bar in my life!! At one point a couple days ago I threw it out after going through it one last time. i dont' know why I did that. It was like a compultion. I gained like 4 pounds. For the month of Oct I lost 1 pound from where I started on Oct 1st. :( 

I started Nov at 204 I think. I gained again and I'm at 206 today. I don't know what else to do but keep gonig to the gym and start tracking foods this week. My next challenge is a cookie and coco party at my house for the kids this week. I'm going to make mini muffins that are low fat and a spice cake that is also very low fat. One of each, no cookies and I'm done. I would love to be back at 204 or 202 by the time we see family for Thanksgiving. 

Speeking of family another thing my mom did recently that has bothered me. She called my MIL that I don't get along with at all, who is a really crazy health nut. She's obsessed with being thin and trying to make us thin. The only thing is that she acts more mean to me the thinner I get. Mom said that she called my MIL and told her all about me getting healthy ie "skinny" and that my husabnd wasn't working on his health. I'm not sure if my mom was kidding or not about my husband. I think she was kidding but I can never tell with her. I told her that she should not have called my MIL because I don't want her to know about my weight loss. All it causes is problems. It's just stress and I hate having to deal with all of this. I have this horrid feeling that my mother is jealous of me. I feel sick even typing that out. She's always been my supporter. Now I think its crossed a line where she wishes things had been different for her. I wish that too. :(