Weekly Goals, October 1, 2012

iVillage Member
Weekly Goals, October 1, 2012
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:17am

OCTOBER! Already! And fall is definitely here, trying so very hard to make up for this past summer's heat. DH has the heat on already! AAAARGH!

Lots of Halloween things should start popping up in the next weeks, and both Canadian and US Thanksgiving as well... Our schedules will likely be busy so --- are you setting goals? Realistic goals? Share them with us!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:26am

Last week, DH had a cold so it kind of cramped my style a little around here...

Tuesday  

• - Girls' Night Out === DONE, and we went to the demo although we were disappointed with it. Tried a new place to eat as well (although not new to Mary) - a Japanese place. YUM! I ate too much!
  • - CSA pick-up === DONE

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes === DONE
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts === DONE

And stitching!  There will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday === DONE; "Kimono - Revisited" - the September sections === DONE;  and if I get all caught up, "Birds of a Feather".   and === DONE!

As for blog(s), working on getting photos into that third  one... NOT Done... although I think I've found a partial work-around, assuming Multiply hasn't lost more of my photos than I think they have... The downloading should be fast. But uploading them to the blog --- that's a different story, but I have found a way to use Photobucket...

This week...

Tuesday  

• - Girls' Night Out - Janice won't be coming and I'm not sure about Mary so maybe there won't be one.
  • - CSA pick-up 

Wednesday 

• - housecleaner comes
  • - pay bills and balance the accounts 

Thursday - work the book sale table for an author's tour at library.

Paper crafting - the month's challenge on CraftBubble is travel and I have TONS of travel stamps so the problem is narrowing it down to something really really cool!

And stitching!  There will be the usual new Take a Stitch on Tuesday; "Kimono - Revisited"  - The October sections are due out today; color palette challenge - it's out and I need to select fabrics;  and "Birds of a Feather" - I'm starting on specialty stitches!

Blog photos --- maybe I'll start the downloading from Multiply - uploading to Photobucket this week...

CL for "

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:56am

Well, we've been sweltering - 101 on Mon. & 103 yesterday.  Today was only (only!!!) 97.  I'm more than ready for the cooler weather they're predicting for the rest of the week!  Not a hot weather girl.

last week's goals:

Mail the bookmarks for the boys   Not Done - I'll get it done, really I will

Work on Halloween canvas work project  DONE

Bake something if weather is a bit cooler  Not Done.  The weather really didn't cooperate.  So we just went ahead & ate the Asian pears as-is.  They were quite yummy too.

Go to Stitching Guild  DONE

Order Uncle Bob's prescriptions  DONE

Wasn't on the list, but went to the Farmer's Market again too.

this week's goals:

Mail the bookmarks for the boys, maybe

Work on Halloween canvas work project

Bake something if weather is a bit cooler

Go to the EGA-GPR meeting on Sat.  (are you still going Mary Frances?)

Go to Costco

Liz

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:47am
Wow - isn't 100+ weather unusual for where you are? We used to get it now and again in mid-summer in Walnut Creek but then, WC is so close to the Central Valley... I thought upper peninsula was more moderated by. The Bay...

CL for "

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 5:52pm

No Carol, triple-digits aren't completely unusual for here - we usually get 2-3.  They just usually come around Aug.  I can't remember now if we had them then.  I know we got into the high 90's.  I really don't enjoy them.  But we are an hour north of SF, so we're not as moderate as you might think.  But we got the cool down they promised us - it's only 71 right now & it's not quite 3 pm so it's about as hot as it's likely to get. 

Liz