Update: on the reason i hate online dating

iVillage Member
Update: on the reason i hate online dating
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:13pm

okay, so last night at 10 pm he texted me again. we went on our second date friday night, texted quickly the next day and last night he texted me to see how my weekend went. we went back and forth for a minute. he said he would text me tomorrow to make a plan for our 3rd date. i am confused why he didn't throw out some day choices last night and we could plan the actual date later. I am concerned its because he has a lot of other dates in the fire and he is waiting on them first. otherwise why not say while we were texting how about thurs? instead of I will text you tomorrow about a plan for our third date?

I know i have a lot of questions, i am just so wary of the online dating, many irons in the fire situation

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:28pm

You really have to relax & not analyze everything so much.  yes it could be because he has another date--I would assume that someone could be dating others until he tells you he's not.  he also could be waiting to see what day the kids are going to be with their mom or what their schedule for sports practice is or any of 1000 different reasons.  And if you had met this guy in another way besides OLD, you would have the same issues.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 1:43pm
I agree with Music. Plus, if you worry too much in the beginning, you might miss some of the good stuff! Keep telling yourself positive things and don't listen to negative ones that might creep in . . . It's a new relationship so try to focus on having fun.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 1:59pm

thanks. I usually don't over analyze like this. i think its cause I am used to people asking me out for the next date right on the date itself, or trying to lock the next date in right away. But i will try!

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:51pm

One cannot run a expectation based on past experiences.  Yes, he could have other dates but then so could you.  If you want to date several men then you can.  If you do not that too is your choice.  Many people have other responsibilities that they have little choice when those action will come about.  

I agree with Music.

dragowoman

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:06am

well sunday night he said he would text me tomorrow to make a plan for date 3. yesterday came and went and he didn't text me to make a plan. i guess i have my answer right? 

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:06pm
I wouldn't do it myself, but you could always reach out to him. Otherwise, you may hear from him down the road or you may not. If it's the latter then yes, you'll definitely have your answer.