Dad Posts Toddler Shaming Photo

Community Leader
Dad Posts Toddler Shaming Photo
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:33pm

Did you all see this story?  I guess the dad of a toddler posed and took a photo of her wearing a "shaming" sign because she pooped in the shower.  What has some in an uproar is the fact that he posted the photo online, on a public photo board called Reddit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/28/dad-posts-shaming-photo-shes-so-proud-of-herself_n_1923158.html?utm_hp_ref=parents&ir=Parents

What do you think of what he did?  Inappropriate? Funny?  Much ado about nothing?

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 2:41pm

As a father I think it's deplorable.  If anything it could serve to perpetuate the problem rather than stem or stop it.  My daughter is pretty well potty-trained for the most part.  She still ocassionally wets her bed but my wife & I don't discipline her when she does it (however the next night before bed we reduce the amount of fluids she drinks and we make sure she at least tries to go potty before bed).  She's hard enough on herself when she wets her bed so neither my wife nor I see any point in making that any worse.  

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:34pm
I think it was inappropriate. My guess is that he thought it was really cute and funny, but to me it seems like he's making fun OF her. I really don't find it funny but I think this is just a case of a parent using poor judgement.