IUI without drugs -- Success anyone?

iVillage Member
IUI without drugs -- Success anyone?
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:49pm

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a little over a year. All of our tests so far have come back fine so we're thinking we should try insemination but without drugs.  I have an appointment at an infertility clinic tomorrow. Have any of you had success with IUI without taking fertility drugs? Also, any questions you think I should asks the doctor tomorrow?

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 4:24pm

Hello,

I am 38 and doing my first non-medicated IUI this month. We'll be using OHSU in Portland, Oregon, with donor sperm. As this would be my first non-medicated cycle I'll let you know how it turns out.

So far the last 4 months I have been using an Ovulation Predictor Kit (OPK) to get a better idea of my fertile days as well as charting cervical mucus (CM) and other signs/symptoms. I haven’t been using the basal body temperature (BBT) method, as my morning rituals are still being adjusted since school started and I sporadically use an electric blanket.

Aside from that I am taking multi vitamins, extra folic acid and fish oil supplements. Also I’ve been cutting out a lot of processed food, caffeine, sugary snacks, while adding more water and exercise. With that said I still drink 2 glasses of plain iced tea and crave trail mix. I pray that those extra proteins will outweigh the bad stuff!!

Charity