October Weekly Challenges!

iVillage Member
October Weekly Challenges!
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 12:52pm

Okay ladies I thought I'd throw out a weekly challenge this month. Each week I'll post a workout challenge to complete anytime during the week - it might be a timed challenge, or an exercise challenge, but I'll try to mix it up!

This week's challenge is what the trainers at Blitz Conditionging lovingly call the "Hero Maker". The folks in their class have other words for it. LOL

So the challenge is (and try to complete as quickly as possible)

10 Push-Ups

10 Tuck Jumps

10 Burpees

Then you repeat, but do 9 of each, then 8, then 7, you get the idea .... Trust me once you get down to 3, 2, 1 you will definitely be feeling this one!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 6:22pm
I'll try it but I can already see that it will be quite the challenge!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:25am
Its tough Carrie, but you can take your time. Or start off at 8 instead of 10.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:06am

It was brutal!  I did manage all 10 but I had to take breaks between them and I couldn't do all the burpees.  Somewhere around 7 I started alternating lunges for burpees.

I'm not quite sure I was doing the burpees right though - am I supposed to do a pushup once I'm down?  I was trying to do that but I've never done a full pushup before (just the ones on my knees) and combined with the pushups I was already doing it was killing me.  I kept trying to do them that way though because I could swear that burpees had pushups in them...

I ended the workout with sweat beads on my forehead - it was good and tough!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:57am
GREAT job!! Yes full burpees have push-ups in them - which is one of the reasons this challenge is so tough! I know if you have difficulties doing push-ups then a full burpee is tough because it's just hard to do a burpee with the half push-up.

That being said - I always suggest to people if you are trying to work your way up to a full push-up, every time you try push-ups, try a full one then work down the half push-up. If you always start with half push-ups and think you are going to increase your strength, you will never really know when you're ready to do a full push-up. So every time - try to do a full push-up first. Maybe you can only do one, which is fine, but always start with the hardest thing and then modify it!