Hello -- New to Group

iVillage Member
Hello -- New to Group
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 1:48pm

I joined iVillage today in order to read about other women's feelings about TTC and feel that I wasn't alone.

My husband and I are in our mid-thirties and have been trying for a little over a year. It gets increasingly more difficult and emotional as the months go on. This process has taken a toll on me and I struggle with the fear of never becoming a mother. I am working on doing whatever I can to make it happen (medical appointments, etc.) while also trying to learn to accept where I am right now...and honor my feelings. I still have oodles of hope that I will become pregnant, but at the same time I feel very sad. This process is painful. This is not what I dreamt it would be like when I got married and decided to have a baby...but it is my real story now. 

I appreciate all of you that have posted your feelings and thoughts so honestly. It is comforting.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:06pm

Hello and welcome to the group!  Don't lose hope, there are lots of women who wait until they are over 30 to start their family.  What all have you done so far in terms of testing and did they find anything unusual?  Also are you doing any sort of charting to track your O date? I would be more than happy to help you with any questions about charting if that is something you are interested in.  I also joined Fertility Friend which is free for the basic membership and they have a great charting course that helps teach you about your fertility signs and how to do the charting etc.  Plus it was much easier for me to have my chart online and they give you advice about interpreting your charts.  I also found that using the OPK's helped me, but I know that not everyone likes the expense, but they have lots of internet cheapies available.

Don't lose hope! I really hope you can make some friends here and get the support that you need.  I really found that talking to other women going through the same thing was most helpful to me.  My friends didn't understand what I was going through and had most had not had any problems getting pregnant themselves.  The process is not always what any of us thought it would be.  I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way!  Keep telling yourself it will happen, it never hurts to have hope and I am always praying for all my friends still struggling to TTC.  Please feel free to join the buddy groups and I'm starting the new ones for October today.  If you have any questions about the abbreviations there is a link at the very top of the page...we use a lot of abbreviations.  Welcome to the group!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:04pm

Thank you very much for the warm welcome and encouraging words! I will respond to one of your October group posts with my details, etc.

I definatly don't know all of the abbreviations being used so I'll look for the link. Thanks.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 1:32pm
Welcome to iVillage, cestca :smileyhappy: If there is anything you need help with on the site, please let me know.

I'm sorry that you find yourself still trying to conceive, it's so hard when it's not happening. This is a very supportive board, and hope that you will find some comfort here as you are dealing with all the ups and downs. (((HUGS)))

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:08am
I am right there with you on the age factor. I made a commitment to start trying at 36. I was always trying to wait for the "right time" then age got hold of me. I too feel very emotional thinking about not ever having children. There is alot of support here. I also go to the ttc boards but its much different trying for the first time. However they are very supportive there as well and a little more active. I have seen many successes over the last few months so don't give up hope. Good luck and I hope you will get your bfp very soon.

Patti