Foundation Question

iVillage Member
Foundation Question
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:19pm

Im an avid makeup wearer and I always seem to have 3 problem spots when it comes to foundation, under my eyes and right on top of my upper lip. I can swipe and swipe and swipe over it with my foundation sponge and it just doesnt seem to accept color! Before applying, I always put on some lotion but that never seems to help either. I only use liquid foundation (powders have never looked good on my skin even when put over liquid) so I dont really need any suggestion with that. The photo I have added shows the trouble areas in blue...do any of you have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

makeupspots.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:07pm
Hi naz and welcome to the board! Love the cat! Have you tried applying a concealer first?
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 2:05pm
I was going to suggest using a concealer as well. I use it under my eyes before applying foundation and it really seems to help.
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 11:36pm

Hello,

I would suggest a concealer for your eye area.  I would also recommend that you start a skin care system or something that exfoliate your skin.  The reason i suggest this is so that the make up can lay smoothly and you can even try power foundation. 

www.youravon.com/fcoke