Photographer

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Photographer
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:22pm
Hi ladies!
I have a few questions for you all who have been doing this for a while. We do not have professional pictures and we are told we do not need them. I am told to take the pictures myself. Anyway, I am not a photographer nor do I know exactly what shots the agencies , clients, etc. want. Anyway, my daughter is 3 and we are thinking of getting pictures taken of her by our family photographer, Nicolette and Molly Photography. Their pictures are beautiful , they are reasonably priced , they are awesome with kids and you get two photographers at the shoot. Do you ladies do your children's pictures once a year or twice? I know we need 3 or 4 looks. This shoot will be outside just like our family shoot. Also, we just went to our first casting ( Carter's) and saw a lot of great pictures that some moms had of their kids done professionally so that is why I decided we need to get professional pictures. Mommy pictures are not the same lol!!

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated :smileyhappy:

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 4:53pm

We started out this last season with once per year, I have an older child so he doesnt change as much. There are alot of great photographers that many of the moms have mentioned before on this site. To do comp cards and print is expensive. We thought we needed them to be competitive and in order to "direct book" you want /need great pictures. At the actual castings in my experience most of the time the client takes there own pics onsite. There are quite a few "seasoned" moms on here that their kids book often. We have only booked 1 job in which my child ended up being a backup and never did anything anyway at the job site.  It can happen, just be prepared that if you spend the money, it doesnt guarantee a "job", which is why I didnt make new comps for this season and just used my own pics and put them in "comp" format. However, in the end I do have beautiful pics from my child's photo session even if he didnt book much.  Some of the photographers that work alot with the MK Kids and Soleil Kids are:

Tami Jill Photography, Sandra Bianco, and Sam B Photography

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 5:36pm
I recommend Tami Jill, Sheri Mazariegos, Viveca Ljung, Sam I Am Photography, never used Andrew Meade but I've heard most folks were not satisfied at all
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 5:40pm
We used Allana Wesley White both times we had my dd's pics done and we love her!
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 7:33am
That is creepy!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:22am

that is sooooooooooo scary.    No having your child pose nude is not like going to the doctor.  Please folks never allow your child to think it is ok to pose in the buff.  Ever.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:54pm

Hi Dinky, 

Here is the link... http://kidstalent.weebly.com/  The creepiest part of all is the link way at the end inviting you to "find out more about child nudes"  This is the sketchiest article I've ever read, the guy defends "nudes" wayyyyyy too much and he mentions Brooke Shields and Lindsay Lohan doing nudes two times too many.  Can we report this? Most of the information is not even well written or factual!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 2:04pm

That article is CREEPY.  NO agency would ever recomend nude shots.  THAT IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 6:34pm
That is crazy scary how in depth they go about that! I have never ever heard of anyone doing that!
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 7:10pm
Did the person who posted the link take it down or did ivillage?? I wonder if we spooked them. SCARY!!!!
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:06pm
Even if a parent had no objection to nude pics of their child, most agents r specific about their submission requirements which include "no nude photos."

Pages