October Roll call

iVillage Member
October Roll call
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:23pm

I can't believe that October is here already!!!  It's that time again to check in and let us know how everyone is doing.  I know we have a few newbies lately, so please check in and that way we can get to know you a little better!

Name/ Age?

Location?

Due date/How many weeks along you are?

Team Pink/Blue/Green (not finding out)

How are you feeling lately? Any weird cravings or new things in your pregnancy?

What is your favorite Haloween costume from when you were a child?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:13pm

Name/ Age?  Rebecca / 27

Location?  New Mexico

Due date/How many weeks along you are? March 16th, 18 weeks tomorrow

Team Pink/Blue/Green (not finding out)  As of this afternoon, we are Team Blue!

How are you feeling lately? Any weird cravings or new things in your pregnancy?  I'm feeling pretty good, mostly tired, but I expected that with teaching 2nd & 3rd grade and being pregnant!  I don't have any weird cravings, but am noticing that I can't bend over to pick up stuff off the floor while sitting anymore, lol!

What is your favorite Haloween costume from when you were a child?  My mom didn't care for Halloween and we literally lived in the middle of nowhere growing up - the nearest neighbor was half a mile away - so we didn't do much dressing up.  I remember a few costumes from when I was in elementary school and we did a parade, but none stands out as a favorite.  Beginning in HS I joined the SCA (medieval re-creation group) and have some really neat outfits (not costumes! ;-) ) that I get to wear whenever we go to an event. :-)

Picture1
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 11:52am
Welcome 2redtulips! I don't think I could keep a secret like that until the end. We're not going to try to keep the name to ourselves. I just don't want any name haters telling me their opinions! I think not many people like gender neutral clothes to buy for showers, I bet you'll get lots of other items instead.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:58pm

How did you reveal it at the party, noelsgal?

For me, I just don't want all pink or all blue items as presents. If I keep people guessing, I'll get all the colors of the rainbow. :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:53pm
hooray and welcome! and yay for another first-timer at 35(ish).
we kept the gender a secret for about a month before our gender reveal party this weekend. it was tough, but kind of fun at the same time! i don't know how if i would've been able to keep the secret until he arrives, through. instead, we won't be sharing the name until he's born.
again, welcome, and here's to a h&h 9 months!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:39pm

Name/ Age? 2redtulips, 35ish

Due date/How many weeks along you are? Only 6.5 weeks, so a total newbie (I am on the expecting board for my due date, but I was happy to see a first-timers board, too!)

Team Pink/Blue/Green (not finding out) We'll find out, but I think DH and I will keep that a secret until arrival. I want to have something that is just for us while we're expecting.

How are you feeling lately? Any weird cravings or new things in your pregnancy? I feel great this week. I was really fatigued last week. Random symptoms here and there.

What is your favorite Halloween costume from when you were a child? I was a green M&M one year - my mom made the costume and I loved it. 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 3:36pm

Name/ Age?  Diane, 35

Location? Minnesota

Due date/How many weeks along you are?  January 16, 25 weeks along

Team Pink/Blue/Green (not finding out)  Team Blue

How are you feeling lately? Any weird cravings or new things in your pregnancy?  Feeling pretty well overall.  heartburn, tired, and some leg cramps sometimes.  no real cravings these days, just eating a LOT!  i can't see my feet anymore, even though i'm only up about 8 pounds.  starting to feel bigger for SURE!

What is your favorite Haloween costume from when you were a child?  i was one of those super sheltered kids growing up and i didn't get to go trick or treating for Halloween.  i've made up for it as an adult and have had some pretty fun costumes, though.

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 1:55pm

I can't believe this is my last FTM check in before our little girl arrives!

Name/ Age? Katie/ 28

Location? Colorado

Due date/How many weeks along you are? C/S on November 2!! 31 more days to go!

Team Pink/Blue/Green (not finding out) PINK!!!!!

How are you feeling lately? Any weird cravings or new things in your pregnancy? Sleep is sometimes hard to come by and I have taken to napping again. All my muscles are aching, heartburn is terrible, Headaches, fingers are finally too swollen to wear my wedding ring (I know I am lucky that I lasted this long with it), and feeling huge! Oh and they aren't kidding when they say you can loose bladder control when sneezing~ even when you had just gone 3 seconds before and have good kegal muscle strength,

What is your favorite Halloween costume from when you were a child? I loved them all! If I had to pick on it would be my ghost outfit when I was 4. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:54pm

Name/ Age? Dina/ 29

Location? Iowa

Due date/How many weeks along you are? Due Feb 18th and I'm 20 weeks today, halfway there!

Team Pink/Blue/Green (not finding out) I found out today I'm officially team Pink!!!!

How are you feeling lately? Any weird cravings or new things in your pregnancy?  Feeling great. I'm beginning to pop out a little more and can definitely tell.  I'm back to wanting spicy foods and had this incredibly spicy burrito last night and DH had the same sauce on his and was dying from the heat...I loved every bite!

What is your favorite Haloween costume from when you were a child?  I had a couple, I was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and I was Laura Ingalls Wilder one year and my mom's friend made me a bonnet that was accurate to what they used to wear.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:43pm

Amanda/28

Ohio

26 weeks- 27 weeks on Thursday

Team Blue!

I'm feeling big. I must have really popped out the last few days because I have had so many comments and I officially feel the wobble beginning, lol. I still have really bad heartburn. Anything seems to trigger it. I have been getting swollen ankles and fingers. My back has been hurting. But I'll take all of that... I love being pregnant! No weird cravings- I still can't drink OJ or eat chicken though, so I'm pretty much stuck with beef.

Favorite Halloween costume (not from childhood) is my Cindy Lauper costume this year for our Murder Mystery Party. For Halloween, I'm being Bat girl since the girls are theming as superheros. Being that I'll be 31 weeks, I'm having to piece it together, but I'm really looking forward to Halloween this year. We also decided to carve fake pumpkins, so we can keep them for next year. I love this time of year!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:37pm

If you click on the links you can put in your due date. Then edit my preferences on here and copy and past the link to your signature.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers