Rolling totes

iVillage Member
Rolling totes
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 3:24pm

ok so i am contemplating buying a rolling tote. but dunno which to buy.

I want something that could hold at least 4 cropperhoppers of paper. most of my tools will be in my desk top carry thing anyhow.  I don't need alot of space for other stuff, only other thing that would be good to fit is my cutterpillar and my case that I hold pages in.

thoughts? suggestions?

without the puchase of something I plan to simply use a create to hold my stuff and I have one of those wheel cart things.

anyhow I am rambling :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:19pm

I have a Crop-in-Style Navigator.  I don't think my cutterpillar quite fit in it.  I can check again tonight at home, but that is what I remember. 

I have a hard time lifting my Navigator into my van when it is loaded up.  It is heavy and bulky!  I have read people on Peas who say that they can't lift their XXL in and out of their vehicle with all their stuff in it!  So that is something to consider too.

Hmm, I wonder if my Cutterpillar would fit in my old CIS Jr?  That is not a rolling tote though.

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:22pm
Ok thanks Karen.
hmmmm Yeah I need to be able to lift the stuff! :smileyhappy:
but I did use large rolling foot lockers to go to KY but I figured that was too big for this.....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:26pm
Why not just buy a forklift for the loading and unloading ....... ? :smileywink:

me, running FAST!

&nb
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:32pm
LOL LMAO :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

you know if I brought my WHOLE scrappy room we would need one! :smileyhappy:

I just don't wanna look like a freak cuz I don't have true scrappy totes.

but what I have looked at on amazon won't even hold the 4-5 croppers of paper I feel I MUST take.

See if I was super taleneted like Karen I could preplan and pick papers but I more fly by the seat of my pants and do what strikes me at the time. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: kalea13
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:41pm
I've seen people come in with shopping bags, cardboard boxes (like sweater-sized gift boxes) and crates. Just use what you have. LOL, and if you feel that shamed, use your 30% off coupon on Sunday to buy something there.
Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:16pm
Wellllllll ... *I* don't even know what a "cropper" of paper is, so there. You're smarter than me!

&nb
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:19pm
Well Julie, if you are going to make comments like that and run, I will tell you what I tell MJ. Keep your mouth closed, as your teeth might fall out as you are running it off!

Well that is out of context, I first told her she was old. Now I am running.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:20pm
You'd BETTER run, girlfriend! VERY FAST! (smart alec kid, she says, muttering under her breath ... ) I'll GET you, my PRETTY!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

&nb
iVillage Member
In reply to: kalea13
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:22pm

I think she is referring to something like this:

http://store.scrapbooking-warehouse.com/273106.html

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 6:05pm
LMAO Geo! I kinda need a forklift too...

Stacy, I don't think anyone is gonna judge you. I COULD get my Cutterpillar in my MM roller tote. I think. If I moved the dividers and took out some of the bags of PP I have in there, which ain't gonna happen!

This time I am also bringing my over the shoulder MM bag as well, have been stashing my preplanned pages kits in there.

Then I'll bring my Tote-ally bag with tools, and whatever I decide to stick in it (sometimes tools, sometimes ink, sometimes tags)

Then I'll have a Discover Toy crate with the Cuttlebug, a binder of die cuts, a binder of stamp stuff (that I hardly ever use), the bigger punches, and the open bins from under my scrap desk - one for spray inks & the like, one for all my Thickers/long border scraps, etc. that crate is heavier than anything, but easier than taking time to try to guess what alphabet I'm going to want to use or whether it has the right letters. I'll do that at the store, but having them all keeps me from buying new ones.

I'll carry my Cutterpillar in using the box.

So I guess maybe *I* look like the freak!
Michelle

Pages