Car seat expiration

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Car seat expiration
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 3:58pm

So, what is everyone's opinion on expirations on car seats?  I've read so much and I just have a hard time believing that you MUST have a car seat that's not expired.  If you have a car seat that is expired and you look everything up to see what changes or upgrades have been made and there aren't any or it's just styles....is it really necessary?  Opinions?

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 4:51pm
Hospitals check for carseat expiration and are not supposed to let ppl leave with their baby if the careseat has expired.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 1:27pm
Online it's hard to read people's "tone". Obviously I didn't straight out say you were irresponsible. I said choosing to ignore the expiration date is irresponsible. Now that you are informed I am hoping you are choosing not to ignore it. :smileyhappy: you have to realize that unless I said YOU it wasn't directed at you but a generalization in reference to te topic. And yes some topics will be hot button debates- try not to take offense to differing opinions on here. I clearly stated that this is my opinion. I am glad you are looking for a new seat.