Question

iVillage Member
Question
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:39pm

My cycles have been anywhere from 28-31days.  I used an ovulation kit and I swear it said I ovulated twice....it said I was ovulating at the "normal" time and I just continued the kit and I am pretty sure it said I was ovulating again that following week......is it possible to ovulate twice? or do you think it was just the test?  Anyways I went in to see my doc last Thurday (27th)  He had me at a 28 day cycle and said I was 6 weeks....he did a vaginal u/s and he said all he could see was a fuzzy spec and we should be able to see more.  I'm just wondering if I really did ovulate later I would have only been around 5 wks and 3 or 4 days or so......should you be able to see more on a vaginal u/s or could it just have been too early?  He checked my HcG levels that day (Thursday) and I was 1961 and they just checked them today and he said they were in the 3000 (never gave me an exact number).  Anyways, he told me we will do another u/s in 2 weeks.  Do you think there is hope or am I just prolonging this?  I have already had two miscarriages, 1 single and 1 set of twins.  I am taking progestrone and baby asprin.  I just want this baby so bad but I dont want people giving me false hope either. Thanks for listening!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:12pm

I really wish he'd give you numbers--it would probably make you feel more confident. 

I am so sorry for your previous losses.  I know that amplifies everything.  Keep at it with your doctor and if they don't like giving you answers that make you feel better you might have to think of other options.     It looks like your numbers are doubling and at 6 weeks, 3000 plus is well in the range. 

Sending you a prayer and a hug.  I know this is hard for you. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 5:03pm
You can ovulate twice in a cycle, thats how people get fraternal twins. Idk about ovulating a week apart though (I'm not saying its impossible). The fact that your hcg levels are going up is very reassuring. I would guess you ovulated (or at least got pregnant from) the second round of ovulation tests. Good luck!