Making the big announcement

iVillage Member
Making the big announcement
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:27pm

I'm curious to know when you all are planning to announce your pregnancies to family/friends.  I originally told myself I was only going to tell my immediate family and 3 of my closest friends but I've been spilling the beans left and right.  I don't think I'll make it to 12 weeks before I let everyone know, so I'm thinking I may do so after my u/s on the 12th.  With my history, I wanted to wait but I feel good about this one, I guess that's why I blabbed :smileywink:

How about everyone else?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 8:31pm

I've told my closest friends already.  I'm hoping to wait until Thanksgiving to tell our families, but it will only work if we don't see any of them beforehand since I'm already starting to show.  We thought it would be funny to host dinner, and act like nothing was out of the ordinary and just let everyone feel really uncomfortable for a bit trying to decide whether or not to ask.  

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:28pm
I have been having a hard time not spilling the beans. The only people I havent told are those I havent seen since I found out and FB. lol. I am thinking after my appt on the 22nd everyone will know....its so hard to keep things in.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:25am

I've told the people that I would want to know if something did happen. Anyone that I wouldn't tell if something happened, I haven't told yet. I will wait until about 12 weeks to tell anyone outside of my close circle of friends and family.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers .
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 7:49pm

We haven't told family or friends yet. Well, actually we each told one person so far, but they won't tell anyone. My husband said he told his boss when they went to lunch toether (they're like friends too), and I told one of my friends when we wnet on a walk together. She had her newborn baby girl in the stroller and I was saying how cute and sweet she was sleeping, she said "you guys need to have another one"...I grinned and said, "wellll, actually I'm pregnant riht now!" lol. So yeah, we've only told 2 people. My birthday is on the 11th, so we will be making the announcement at my birthday dinner to family and a couple and their kids (we consider them family too!). If we can find one fast enough, we are going to have our son wear a t-shirt that says somehting baout being a big brother, and we're just goin to walk in like normal and wait until someone reads his shirt and go from there! I don't know when we'll make it "facebook official" and tell friends, we may tell them after my birthday dinner, or we may wait until I'm out of the first trimester. I'm going to my ultrasound to check for a heartbeat on the 9th, so either way we'll be telling family this week! You guys just pray that we see a heartbeat Tuesday morning, for some reason I've been worried and thinking there won't be one. I'm not sure why I'm thinking that way :/

*AUBREY* --- Mommy to Kadin, born on December 3rd 2007 & Korbin, born May 20th 2013!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 3:55pm

Well, my best friend guessed when I didn't drink wine at her dinner party and she asked me outright - so she knows.

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law likely know because I ordered a virgin drink at dinner with them. :-P
I did NOT want them to know yet - especially before my own family knows. I cried over it that night - my first pregnancy meltdown. DH is instructed to tell them that we're trying and I am just being cautious, if they ask him.

So, I was going to wait until 12 weeks to tell anyone, but that's been a bit derailed. My first u/s is next Friday. If we get a heartbeat and all looks good, we might tell family and close friends then.

It is really hard not to say. The M/S hit me harder this week, so I am trying to be sly about it.

I am a really private person, so telling people will actually be challenging for me. I am dreading unsolicited advice and prying questions.