October LTP!

iVillage Member
October LTP!
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:36pm

Congrats to Ruth, our September winner! Here's your cool blinkie:

Who'll be the last to post here on October 31st? (Don't forget it's a midnight Eastern deadline.) Stay tuned to find out and in the meantime, chat it up! :smileyvery-happy:

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 5:33pm
We have a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (and Toller is the short breed name for easier conversation LOL). He's a medium-sized dog and seems to have a calmer personality than the lab and Weimaraners I've known.

He does try to pull often while walking, but at least he's small enough that he doesn't get free and leave me flat on the ground. :smileywink: He also calms down on the way home, so I think he's just excited about getting out of his own yard.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 5:36pm
It's Survivor night here. :smileywink: I'm hoping Lisa Whelchel sticks around for another week and finds the gameplay a bit easier. I wouldn't have guessed that she's an introvert based on her acting experience, but I guess she opens up when she's playing a role. Guess she needs to decide to act like Lisa rather be the real, shy Lisa. :smileywink:

Community Leader
In reply to: harkness
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 8:24pm
Those are very busy dogs!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 8:26pm
WTG getting the ball over the net! Hope you have a great time at the game!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 3:32pm
Hope everyone's having a good Thursday!

Did some kitchen clean-up before tutoring this morning and also had the laundry on plus the oven doing a long self-cleaning cycle. I like productive mornings like that.

Ben and I also went to the library for new books, and I wanted to chat with the librarian about the kind of education the employees have - I've always wanted to work in a library or bookstore, but my bookstore experience was brief because I stink at sales. (Can I be a stockgirl? LOL) Looks like I might take a two or three year program in the future, then volunteer if there aren't open positions when I'm ready.

I should get my clean clothes put away now and see what else there is for cleaning. I want to get invites printed for Tim's small birthday party on the 28th, but we have to pin down the time first...

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 6:03pm

I didn't know Lisa W was on Survivor.  I'll try to remember to watch next week.  I got bored with the show when season after season it's the same thing.  But if there's someone interesting on there I could get into it again.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 6:04pm

Working at a library would be fun.  I volunteered at my kids' school libraries over the years.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 6:05pm
harkness wrote:
Those are very busy dogs!

They came home a day early, whew!  I'm tired!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 6:07pm
zions_daughter wrote:
We have a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (and Toller is the short breed name for easier conversation LOL). He's a medium-sized dog and seems to have a calmer personality than the lab and Weimaraners I've known.

He does try to pull often while walking, but at least he's small enough that he doesn't get free and leave me flat on the ground. :smileywink: He also calms down on the way home, so I think he's just excited about getting out of his own yard.

Looked up the picture, very cute dog, reminds me of an Australian shephard.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:46am
Yay for productive mornings and going to the library! I would love to work in the library too. I either need to get my degree, or wait until there is a part-time non degree position available.

Photobucket

Pages