October LTP!

iVillage Member
October LTP!
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:36pm

Congrats to Ruth, our September winner! Here's your cool blinkie:

Who'll be the last to post here on October 31st? (Don't forget it's a midnight Eastern deadline.) Stay tuned to find out and in the meantime, chat it up! :smileyvery-happy:

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: harkness
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:47am
LOL! I have had both breeds before. Now we have three active golden retrievers and though I love them to pieces....they will be my last goldens...I am getting too old to keep up with them. :smileywink:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: harkness
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:49am
This morning we are going to the pumpkin patch, hopefully closing the pool {we are just a tad bit late in doing that, lol }, taking DD to a sleepover almost an hour away and then going to bible study { need to get directions}. Very full day here!

Hope you have a fabulous day!!! :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:04am

3 golden retreivers, wow!  Inside?  They seem like sweet dogs.

My kids each had a dog, now we are down to just Lucy the mini dachshund who is 10.  I don't know if we'll ever get another now.  

I love dogs and it would be fun to have one of my own, but then again....

Sounds like a busy day for you, have a great one!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 11:50am
Yeah, I'm not huge into Survivor itself, but if there's someone interesting to follow, I'll pay more attention. So far not a ton of airtime with Lisa since her "tribe" is doing well with the challenges and hasn't lost yet, so no tribal council. They've focused on another group because they haven't won a challenge yet!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 11:51am
I hadn't thought of volunteering at the school. I'll see if that's a possibility, especially since it should fit school hours well when both are in classes. I was a school library volunteer back in my high school days. :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 11:53am
Hee hee, glad you got a break with one day less of dogsitting.

Funny, most people think Golden Retriever or Border Collie when they see a Toller. I do think, based on Google photos, that the Australian Shepherd is a beautiful dog. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 11:58am
Enjoy your busy day!

I'm feeling like a quieter day is needed. Up a slight bit early to clean Ben's sheets and wipe up a nosebleed. Poor kid might have inherited whatever gave me frequent nosebleeds as a child.

Tim had also needed a change of sheets before I went to bed last night, so I should spin out the soaking laundry and get it started washing. Then I'm waiting for it to warm a bit outside and we might go for a walk. Still need to pick up the library book, but I don't feel like driving yet. I think all errands farther away can wait, but will double-check my list... Maybe we'll even make our walk take us to the library and back, if Ben has the endurance. :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:00pm
I didn't know there are mini dachshunds!

One set of neighbours has a dachshund named Scooter who sometimes gets loose. There's also a Weimaraner named Finn who jumps the fence and may be leaving presents in my front yard. I think Finn lives with a boxer, though I'm not totally up on all breeds. Boxer or not, the dog's name is Ollie. Lots of cool names around here!

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 7:35am
My library was just hiring for two part time jobs. If both kids were in school, I would probably have applied.