Strollers

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Strollers
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:52pm

What stroller recommendations do you have? The BOB seems to be wildly popular around here, and I am looking more toward the jogging type, since I'm thinking the stability on the hills would be nice. I'm mostly a walker, but a faster walker.

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 8:51pm

Hi there,

BOB Revolution SE is a great choice for all-around outdoor use.  You'll love it for walking, powerwalking, and jogging.

Two other similar options would be Baby Jogger Summit XC and Mountain Buggy Terrain.

If you go with a full-blown all-terrain stroller like those three above, you may want to also think about a quick-and-easy errand stroller to keep in the car for when you just want to run into a store, or for travel.  Something like UPPAbaby G-Luxe or Maclaren Triumph would be good companions to a BOB-like stroller.

Congrats on coming baby, and I hope that helps!

Eric

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 6:40am

We live on a dirt road, so I opted for a Joovy Zoom.  DS was born in January, so by the time it was warm enough to walk outside here, he was big enough to ride in it. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:24pm

I love our BOB and you can get the infant carseat adaptor that works with several different car seats for when the baby is first born.  For a small stroller (airports, malls, etc), I bought the "snap and go" stroller that worked with the graco infant car seat.  When my son outgrew that I got a cheap umbrella stroller when I knew the BOB would be too bulky.

I'm having # 2, DS will be almost 4 by then so I don't think I'm going to bother getting a double stroller.  Maybe just a double umbrella stroller if we really need it.