The past 4 weeks has been a night mare for us.

iVillage Member
The past 4 weeks has been a night mare for us.
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 7:55pm

Sorry I have not  been on here much but you will see why. The second week of last month my D/H pinched nerves in is neck and spine started acting up really bad. He has lost a lot of weight 67 lbs to be exact.We thought it would help the back problem.  Then he started passing kidney stones which he has done several times before. Then things grew worse he he really got sick. Of course like most men he knew what was wrong with him. I thought I was going to lose him one 72 hour period. We got through that and he was doing better then it hit him again and he went to the ER and we found out he had West Niles Virus. They don't know how he  made it through it. They said he should have died. But he has loss the use of his legs. He can still stand but as soon as hes does his feet go pigeon toed. So we just wait and see. I know they pump him with very kind of drug they could think of. So that's what happen to him. He was feeling better and he was taking me to the mall and I was up to walking 4 miles a day and he in his wheel chair was trying to build his muscle tone up in his upper arms. We went to go into the mall and they had the handicap ramp blocked off but D/H said he could jump it. Mrs brains here said okay and I will lift you from behind. Very wrong on that one. He jump and and didn't make I lifted and had his body weight. I felt it and we both herd it . I ruptured a disc in my lower back.. Always said I would not let any Doctor put any needles in my back. Well I had 4 needles put in my lower back. So its wait and see. I keep forgetting I cant put stuff up on top selves any more. And I have to remember I'm not suppose to be walking around. LOL  We truly make a pair !!!! Have a good one laddies...ellie-mite

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:18pm

Ellie, I'm so sorry you had such a bad month.  I do hope Oct. is better for you.

Take care.

K

Karen
Community Leader
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:28am

I am so sorry that things are messing with you....and I also have one of those men that say "I'll be better tomorrow" and as bad off as he is guess who gets the brunt of his problems....

I think of all the things that happen to us when we get old is the fact that I wondered about when I was young. What does your mind think when you are old and have all the joint and other pain? Now I know that it thinks that you CAN and there is no way your body can. And when your mind says I can do this you end up with broken hips and whatever.

It isn't fair. No, I wouldn't want my mind to be as bad as my body. Maybe if I had been a lazy do nothing all my life it would be normal not to be able to stand a long time to do things or to sweep without back pain or scoop 3' of sidewalk in the winter. But I remember when you could give me an hour and I could go through my whole house and make it sparkle, now it takes me all day (almost) to do a few loads of laundry. I think I can but my body says No you can't...and it is hard to deal with....

Also having people offer to help with things that are just supposed to be done yourself about kills me.

So there are a lot of us right there with you. You are not alone..

Guess we have to use our good minds to say, my body hurts and I have worked hard all my life and it is about time I let someone else help me.. and then do it...

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:01am

oh ellie, hopefully better days are on their way.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:28pm
agree w/all replies. sending prayers
joan
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 1:06pm
So sorry to .hear this Bad news I, am keeping you .in my prayers.
Photobucket