20 Week U/S

iVillage Member
20 Week U/S
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:42pm

I had my 20 week appointment today and somehow managed to get an appointment for my U/S today as well!  Everything looked good and the baby was sleeping for most of it, so they got all of the measurements they needed. The baby is measuring right where it should be.  Now to the best part....I am officially team Pink!!!  I'm so excited and the tech said she had a clear shot where there were clearly no boy parts as she put it.  DH had said he wanted all boys, but didn't seem upset since the baby looked healthy.  He said our little girl is never dating though! I'm so glad to finally have had an U/S since this is the first I've gotten to see our baby.  I have to admit I could have sat there all day and watched her!  It's amazing when can see everything so clear! I wish I had an excuse to get another U/S before the end, but I'm just so glad that everything is looking good from what they could tell. I posted a few pics from today at 20 weeks and there is a shot where you can see a profile view from the U/S.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:32am
They didn't say what would cause it just that they thought it was just a shadow and nothing more but want to be sure.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: j8songrl
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 6:22pm

I'm sorry to hear that. Did they say what could have caused the shadowing?  I hope your next ultrasound goes well and at least you get another peek at your princess.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 3:33pm
congratulations on team pink! you'll have so much fun planning for your little girl. hoping with you that the second ultrasound shows no shadow or any sign of problem. i'm sure it's nothing and she's perfectly healthy.
and yes, you're definitely sporting a lil' bump there! yay!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:13pm
Awww congrats on your little girl! And if you are looking for an excuse for another ultrasound going to one of the private 3D/4D studios between 28-32 weeks is a wonderful present to yourself and husband. :smileywink: We did and it was amazing, when our son was born his face looked exactly like it did in the ultrasound pics. It's neat to kind of get an early sneak peak.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 7:11pm
Well....I actually am getting another U/S.... My doctor called today and after the radiologist reviewed the U/S pics they noted a shadowing over the heart. They're pretty sure it's nothing, but we will have another U/S in 2 months. I'm trying to keep calm and not worry. I guess if they were too worried they probably would bring me in sooner to check it out. DH and I are just keeping positive and hoping it is just a shadow and nothing more.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 1:36pm

I am glad your little girl looks healthy! I love the u/s pic, she looks so adorable in it! I can't imagine only getting one u/s during a pregnancy, but it also gets old getting an u/s every other appointment. 

My DH said our little girl is never dating as well, it is so funny how protective they can be even before their little girl is born. Shopping for a little girl is so much fun since everything is so cute! 

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 7:51am
I asked DH already if I could go shopping...he rolled his eyes at me. He's excited to start decorating the nursery though. He is also finally going to look at names, he seems excited and ready to get a name picked out!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 6:55am

Yay, Dina! I am so happy for you. I couldn't imagine only having one ultrasound the entire pregnancy. Are you going to do the 3D/4D ultrasound later on? You're starting to get a little bump, so exciting!  I'll be 27 weeks this week and my belly starting getting really big about 2 weeks ago. DH, MIL, and co-worker said I got a belly overnight. She looks like a really beautiful/healthy baby. I am so happy for you! I bet you can't wait to start shopping now that you know what you're having!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers