20 Week U/S

iVillage Member
20 Week U/S
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:47pm

I had my 20 week appointment today and somehow managed to get an appointment for my U/S today as well!  I figured that I would have to wait at least a week, but by some miracle they were able to get me in at the radiology clinc that is separate from the hospitals.  Everything looked good and the baby was sleeping for most of it, so they got all of the measurements they needed. The baby is measuring right where it should be.  Now to the best part....I am officially team Pink!!!  I'm so excited and the tech said she had a clear shot where there were clearly no boy parts as she put it.  DH had said he wanted all boys, but didn't seem upset since the baby looked healthy.  He said our little girl is never dating though! I'm so glad to finally have had an U/S since this is the first I've gotten to see our baby.  I have to admit I could have sat there all day and watched her!  It's amazing when can see everything so clear! I wish I had an excuse to get another U/S before the end, but I'm just so glad that everything is looking good from what they could tell. I posted a few pics from today at 20 weeks and there is a shot where you can see a profile view from the U/S.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:56pm
YAY!!!!! So excited for you!!!! And is it bad that I am super excited you proved your (sister in law??) wrong....at least I believe that was you :smileywink: But glad that baby is healthy and you got your ultrasound right away.
Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:01pm
It was my sister. The U/S tech took a pic showing that its a girl and wrote you're wrong on it and I gave it to my sister. She actually said she was ok with being wrong and is very excited we're having a girl!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:23pm
Congrats on getting your ultrasound today :smileyhappy: and congrats on a healthy baby girl!
Alicia Mom to Logan - Jan 9, 2005 and Colby - Oct 15, 2008
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 10:16am
That's fantastic! Welcome to Team Pink! Looks like there's a lot of us expecting girls this time! :smileyhappy: I know how you feel about being able to sit there & just watch her all day ... it's just the coolest thing ever in my opinion. Congrats on a healthy baby girl!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:22am

Congratulations!!!  That is so exciting.  We'll have to put together an official team green/pink/blue list.  I am also happy for you to have proved your sister wrong ;-) 

It is very neat to see the baby on the ultrasound.  We aren't going to find out what we are having but I am still super excited for my big ultrasound on Thursday.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 1:17pm
Congrats Dina! So glad you didn't have to wait any longer for your u/s! I'm happy to hear everything looks good. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 1:38pm

Congratulations!!!  It is so exciting to find out what everyone is having - especially when you think back to our first days on the board when we were all (well, I was anyway) complaining of morning sickness.  Look how far we've come!  Have you felt your little girl move much??

My U/S is next monday...can't wait!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 2:01pm
Congratulations!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 5:08pm

Yay for Team Pink!!!  Congrats!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 7:15pm
Well....I just found out that we'll be having another U/S in 2 months... The radiologist saw a shadow over my little girl's heart. They're pretty sure it's nothing, but they want to confirm with another U/S. DH and I are trying to stay calm and hope that it really is just a shadow and nothing more. Everything else was fine and they didn't have anything else that was unusual. I'm glad to get another U/S, but this is really not the way I wanted to get it! For now we're just trying to push it to the back of our minds and not worry.

Kristy- I am feeling some movement, today she's been kicking up a storm! Are you feeling anything yet?

Photobucket

Pages