QOTW: How soon do you start prepping for the holiday season?

iVillage Member
QOTW: How soon do you start prepping for the holiday season?
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:37am

If you're like me, it's immediately before it's too late, lol.  I am a serious procrastinator when it comes to putting up decorations and planning festivities, but I have a feeling this year will be a bit different.  I have 2 kids of my own and 6 neices and nephews to shop for, which is always fun, though as they get older, I think cash is their favorite gift, but not so much fun for me.  I think I am going to put up every tacky, tasteless decoration I own and buy a few extras now that I have no Grinch living with me, :smileyvery-happy:  I might even make a wreath for the door this time around, and get some cheesy dish towels and stuff, too.  

Community Leader

Last year my dd had been in the hospital before Christmas so Thanksgiving is the ONE I am looking forward to celebrating.

My ds and I moved so it will be exciting to be in a new place where we can make new Memories.

My "Abusive" ex had ruined most of our previous ones or at least tried to...not this year.

Just really glad to have a roof over our head and that my dd does to...

Last year she was not up to a big deal or celebration.

My ds and I were just so glad to have her.

Hope I can get them a few nice things but they love their "Socks"!

I am thinking of putting up a tree.

Christmas for me is "Bittersweet" as I lost both my Mom and my Grand-pa at that time, but dd was a Christmas baby and I have ALWAYS celebrated for them...My beloved Mom loved Christmas.

I love the part leading up to it!

Nightangel