Halloween - gender reveal ideas - need your suggestions :-)

iVillage Member
Halloween - gender reveal ideas - need your suggestions :-)
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 2:52am

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well.  I'm jealous of all the ladies who have already found out their baby's gender.  I won't find out until around Halloween.  My husband is Air Force and our family lives in Germany.  I'm trying to figure out a fun way to tell our families the gender, but of course I have to do it via facebook or skype.  I've come up with a couple.  Carve a pumpkin with "It's a boy" or "It's a girl", order a skeleton shirt and put a bow or a bow tie on the belly, etc.

Does anyone have an cute gender reveal ideas for Halloween?

Lindsay

iVillage Member

What a cute idea!  I'm not very original when it comes to ideas so I don't have any to offer but I love the ones you've suggested so far!  Have fun with it!!!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member

How cute!  Another pumpkin idea... you could draw a face on one & cut out a mouth hole, and pop in either a blue or pink pacifier.   And maybe a blue or pink hat too :smileywink:  Or if your husband is a good sport, have him "dress up" like a baby... a friend of mine's hubby did that one Halloween & it was pretty hilarious.  He doesn't need to go all out, but a "bonnet" & paci around the neck... one of those big costume ones.  Just another thought - if your families would enjoy the humor, lol.  That's all I can think of, as for Halloween related stuff.  Keep us posted on what you decide! 

iVillage Member
I love this idea! But I'm too impatient to mail candy back to our relatives in the States. I'm going to take a picture of the Hershey bars now, one with the blue HE and one with the pink SHE, and post them on Facebook with a caption that says - Answer Coming Oct 30th.

That way I can post another picture the day I find out as well as send it to our relatives via text. And I bought a big pumpkin and I'll write "It's a Boy" or "It's a Girl" on it and have my DDs take pics with it.

Thanks for the ideas!