Weak, tired, dizzy...anemic already?

iVillage Member
Weak, tired, dizzy...anemic already?
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 9:21am
I felt pretty good from week 15-17 but this week I've started feeling nauseas again at night, nothing like before but still crappy. I also feel so tired and sometimes weak and every morning in the shower I get dizzy. I read that you are supposed to avoid hot showers because they can make you dizzy but I'm also wondering if this could be anemia? I get anemic with every pregnancy but I don't want to start the iron pills! I'm already constipated enough! I hate iron! Soooo I'm thinking I need to increase my iron rich foods. I just feel awful and I'm tired of it! Abbie
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 9:32am

I am 14 weeks and feel the same way. I get really shaky and dizzy in the mornings and eating some protein helps. I am vegetarian so I have to really watch my protein and think I have to really up it right now. I have also wondered if iron would help but the protein seems to always make a difference for me.

Amy

Mason, Dylan, Logan

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 8:19pm
That sounds awesome. I love Greek yogurt especially fage as well!
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 9:30am

I have been eating Dannon Oikos greek yogurt. It has 22g of protein per cup and only 120 calories. It is really creamy and yummy. I actually mix a little peanut butter and honey in it. Cottage cheese with fruit is another of my favorites right now.

Amy

Mason, Dylan, Logan

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 9:33am

Oh, I also like Nature Valley's protein granola bars. They have 10g of protien each. I keep one with me all the time in case I need something while I am out.

Amy

Mason, Dylan, Logan