2 more weeks of fall baseball left

Community Leader
2 more weeks of fall baseball left
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 9:34am

D had a lousy time at the last session.  The coach seemed to be riding him.  He would just say his name over and over without instruction.   DH and I couldn't figure out what the issue was.  D couldn't either.  I'm crossing my fingers that this next time is better. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 7:50am

That sucks, bad coaching can really ruin it. DS is ADHD and baseball can be a tough match and I think one of his coaches picked up that he was easily distracted. When I here ____ pay attention of something to that never phased me. Unfortunately because I'd be chasing my preschooler around I didn't always see what he was up to but I notice a few times coach wasn't even looking his way. Almost like a reflect so and so on the field so is sure to be distracted. DS called him out once that he was paying attention but DH just joked with coach opps missed on that one. DS was mad though and how do you explain without being offensive that most of the time he's right.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 8:44pm
I am sorry, I hope he has a better season next time.

Ramona  Mom to 2 great kids and wife to one wonderful hubby since 1990!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 1:28pm
So the other day at work I saw a kid in a baseball uniform. I asked, "Do they play ball in the fall?" The parent said, "Yep, gotta keep the skills up."

I thought really?? I mean the kid looked like he was 8. An 8 year old has to keep his skills up?? I mean if the parent had said, "Yes, he loves playing baseball," that's another thing.

Community Leader
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 7:17pm
This league is supposed to be an instructional league for 6 weeks. It's supposed to be a nice transition to kid pitch next spring. As soon as the kid brought the flyer home from school he knew he wanted to play. Some of the fall leagues are as crazy the spring ones when it comes to time. This league is relaxed, but there isn't much instruction / practice taking place.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 12:33pm
That is too bad that he is being hard on him. We switched hockey leagues a while back for similar behavior. Hope that the spring season is better.

Ramona  Mom to 2 great kids and wife to one wonderful hubby since 1990!