Ch 11 surprising lunch

iVillage Member
Ch 11 surprising lunch
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 10:42am
Ok now I had cancelled Hollywood & Vine and we had ressies at Sci-fi, well once we arrive to our destination Mario was like oh man I didnt like this place last time!! I was like what, you said you wanted to eat with jake!! He said he was confused as to the place but it was too late now because Sci-fi had NO ressies, believe me we tried all day long :smileysad: So we checked in and were seated in less than 5 minutes, good thing too cause we were starving! The minute we get to our seat and the waitress takes our drink order someone was peeking around the corner at us, we had no clue,lol it took us a minute to realize it but Jake was lplaying peek a boo with Emmari.
Photobucket
Now Jake was super fun everytime the kids would wave to him like it was time for him to leave he came right back and played with them some more. It helped the place wasnt very full but he was alot of fun. We had some time after Jake and headed off for some food, finally!lol Now something new they had that was not there last time was a build your own pasta, SCORE! I love pasta and getting to put what I want in it is even better! Then they had a new chipotle bbq chicken and OMG it was mouthwatering good!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Just as we are about to start eating the music starts and they are calling kids up to dance. Now something happened between last year and this year but man my kids seemed soooooo shy but Mario want up there and they followed along.
Photobucket
Once the shaking was done Handy Manny was making his way toward us.
Photobucket
It seemed like the characters were really spaced out cause we had time to do another dance with the characters again, but this time there was no coaxing the kids they jumped up on their own.
Photobucket
As soon as we are seated June comes along and she just kept hugging Emmari and letting her know that she liked her purple shirt since she had a purple dress.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
ONce June was off it was time for a parade! This was the most singiing dancing I have ever seen them do,lol. Jace was crawling cause he didnt want his picture taken!haha
Photobucket
Finally it was time to see Special agent Oso and good thing he was right there cause we were ready to leave,lol.
Photobucket
Now I know this place gets bad reviews all the time and even before they changed the menu we always thought it was fine, not great but good enough, but this time we were really glad we ate there, because the pasta was delish and so was that chipotle bbq chicken. Heck that evening when we almost couldnt get a ressie from anywhere else Mario suggested we go back there!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:20am

We have never been there for lunch (or dinner) but this is a favorite for my DDs for breakfast.  This past trip my DDs love dit even more due to Jake.   Maddie claimed him to be as nice in person as he seems on tv.

I'm glad it worked out.   My DDs would love a make your own pasta bar.    We have ADRS for March, but again for breakfast.

I love that Mario went up to the characters.   You have a big kid on your hands there some times!   Cute.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 9:08am

Wow Emmy, it looks like they made some great changes for the better with the food there (although we are like you and never left there hungry before :smileywink:). The pasta and chicken both sound wonderful! We've never been there for breakfast or lunch b/c of the ages of my guys but we went for dinner with the Fantasmic package once.

I love that last pic with Oso and Jace-so cute! The characters sound wonderful here. I will remember to recommend it to people with little ones. :smileyhappy:  

photo Kim-1.jpg