Concerned Over Genetically Modified Vaccines?

Community Leader
Concerned Over Genetically Modified Vaccines?
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 10:59am
Are You Concerned Over Genetically Modified Vaccines?

If you've ever had qualms about eating genetically modified (GM) foods, you'd likely be deeply concerned about receiving a GM vaccine as well.

Such vaccines are already being produced – some are even on the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) recommended vaccine schedule – even though, as is the case with GM foods, we know very little about their long-term effects.

GM Vaccines You May Have Given to Your Kids...

Many are unaware that, despite the completely unknown long-term health consequences, GM vaccines are already in use and have been administered to American infants, children and adults for many years. Among them:

• Hepatitis B vaccine: An inactivated recombinant DNA vaccine licensed for newborn infants and children in 1991, in which parts of the hepatitis B virus gene are cloned into yeast
  • Rotavirus vaccine: Live attenuated vaccines first licensed for infants and children licensed in 2006, which either contain genetically engineered human rotavirus strains or human-bovine hybridized reassortment rotavirus strains4
  • HPV vaccine (Gardasil or Cervarix): A recombinant vaccine licensed in 2006, which is prepared from virus-like particles (VLP's) and may also include use of an insect-cell Baculovirus expression vector system for production

Read more: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/02/vicky-debold-on-gmo-vaccines.aspx?e_cid=20121002_DNL_art_2

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:31am

My boys are all grown up and the vaccine question is no longer a big concern for us - but the more I read, the more I am almost grateful that my first had such a bad reaction, which opened my eyes.

I stopped vaccinating after much research way back then.

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 3:55pm
Yet another reason I am glad we don't vaccinate the smaller girls. Russia has just recently banned imports of all GMO corn becuase of a recent French study of the effects of GMO corn:

http://www.criigen.org/SiteEn/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=366&Itemid=130

its a bit scary to think you even have to worry about the food you eat, even if you think you are eating a healthy, well balanced diet.
Photobucket