Tuesday Trivia

Community Leader
Tuesday Trivia
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:37am

Matt is driving a rental car this week while his car is in the body shop (neighbor backed into it last week).  When was the last time you were in a rental car?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 1:12pm

OMG......hummmm Can't say I remember...it's been a long, long time!!!

Any of the trips we have taken usually had transportation to and from the airport included...so we have no need to rent a car.

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 2:05pm

That's a nice perk!

When we went to Vegas, a friend of our group who I'd never met picked us up at the airport and drove us to our condo.  The only problem is she was the WORST driver in the history of mankind.  Luckily the fear was tempered by giggles as she had notes to herself posted all over the dashboard, the largest of which was all caps and read "DON'T FORGET TO ROLL UP THE WINDOWS!"  Can you imagine?

We happily took a cab back to the airport.  I would have had to tell Alzheimer's Girl "No, thank you" if she'd shown up again!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 5:27pm

OMG  how scary!!!!  I think I've riden with some taxi drivers that are like that too....!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:28pm

Sounds like the Chicago cabbies are channeling their buddies in New York City; they drive like crazy people!

Yep, the neighbor's insurance is footing the bill = $1,606.  They'll pound out the door, replace the front fender and paint both of them.  Highway robbery, if you ask me, but we've got to fix it.  The car is only a year old.  Even worse is they said it won't be done until Monday or Tuesday because of a part they ordered so we're REALLY glad to have the rental car.

Photobucket"