Carseat and travel systems ugh

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Carseat and travel systems ugh
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:55am
I loved my set I had with my first two I had an evenflo set the carseat has the Z handle which I loved but the stroller would make a bassinet all in closed with a net that came over to keep the bugs out. It also had where the cup area would flip open to put the baby in easier. My problem now is that you can't find a system like this :smileysad: the evenflo systems don't have the leg bar that comes down. Safety first does but I have never used that brand before what have you guys found you like?
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 3:47pm

I'm no help here!  While I loved the convenience of the travel systems when my boys werre younger, I hated the bulkiness/heaviness of the stroller.  I've decided this time to opt for a car seat (Chicco Key Fit - Limon) and I want one of those simple aluminum stroller bases that specifically are for car seats (I chose the Chicco Key Fit).  It just seems light and easily portable (one hand to open, etc.) I'll have to choose another stroller once baby outgrows the infant seat but that's ok.

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 5:23pm

I am absolutely getting the Chicco Keyfit 30. I tried it out in Babies r Us and loved how lightweight and easy to maneuver it is.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:47am

I have the Graco Metrolite.  Of course I got that with my first, 7yrs ago... but I assume they still have a similar version.  I've always liked it because the stroller is pretty reasonably light.  This time with my 3rd I plan to get a new car seat of course - a Graco again to fit the stroller.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:35pm

All the car seats I remember seeing the last time I looked at them, had straight handles, except Baby Trend which had a triangle in the middle of the handle for multiple hand positions.  The car seat my older kids used had the straight handle and it was so uncomfortable to carry.  What others have more parent friendly handles? 

Lisa