question for guys

iVillage Member
question for guys
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:56am

Friday night I went on what i thought was an awesome second date with this guy. at the end of the date he kept saying there would def be a date number three and before he left me he said "What can i say, you are the whole package. beauty and brains and fun to hang out with."

the next day we texted briefly, thank you, that was fun, etc. he said waking up early was brutal but worth it.

Sunday night he texted me "how was the rest of your weekend?" we went back and forth like that a bit then at the end he said I will text you tomorrow and we will make a plan for date 3. I said that sounds great. Well tomorrow (yesterday) came and went and i didn't hear from him. What gives? if a guy wants to make a plan with you and you have already had two great dates, won't he make sure he contacts you? especially when he says he will?

Community Leader
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 1:22pm

Hi

Welcome to the board.

There could be reasons that are not apparent.  Wait and then contact him.  His life could be very busy.  I have dated women who said they would contact me, but took more than a week because things occuring in their life got in the way.

chaika

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 1:54pm

Difficult to say.  He may really be busy, or he may feel confident that his relationship with you is in a good place and that he can attend to other things in the meantime (until you guys set up another date).  It's also possible that the signals he picked up from you are that he can play a little bit of hard to get without too much risk.  Any of these are possible.  Only he knows for sure. 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 2:34pm

Maybe he doesnt want to get too obsessed with you and taking a little breather. You would think that you would want that, but you are also psychologically hardwired to be turned off when someone focuses way too much attention to you, and some men know this. Its the same hard to get chasing games that both genders play, dont let yourself fall for it too much, ie: dont let your emotions control your rational brain.