Miranda's October Journal

iVillage Member
Miranda's October Journal
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:25pm

Monday, October 1

Okay, I feel like I'm back on the wagon! I went for a run at lunch, starting back on the Couch to 5K at week 3 just to get my butt moving. Then I did some weights after work. I'd like to strive to keep up with the Couch to 5K, and find a weight routine that I can keep up with for the month. I did email the personal trainer I'd like to work with too! My food was also back on track, and I experimented with zucchini & summer squash noodles using a julienne peeler that is awesome! You use it on vegetables, and you can make instant strips! So I made zucchini, squash, and carrot noodles and added a peanut sauce - yum!

Food:

Breakfast: Soy Coffee Smoothie
Snack: Earl Grey Tea
Lunch: Sardines in chili sauce, 2 rice cakes, curried carrot soup
Snack: Grapes
Post-Workout: Orange Protein Smoothie
Dinner: Vegetable noodles with peanut sauce, 2 poached eggs with truffle oil
Snack: 2 rice cakes with peanut butter & jam

Exercise:

28 Minute Run (C25K W3D1)
45 Minutes Weights (Chest & Triceps)

Water:

40 oz

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:53pm
It was just so-so with the trainer? What a bummer! What made it just so-so?

I hear ya - to many calories have made there way onto my plate lately! This tracking thing is hard work!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend! I'm glad ours isn't for a bit - I'm not sure my waist line could handle a holiday after the week that was my birthday! I am in the mood for pumpkin though... mostly pumpkin desserts... I think I need to find a good healhty pumpkin recipe. Do you guys do pumpkin for Thanksgiving also?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 12:31pm

Hey Carrie, yes we do do pumpikin and I definitely indulged in some pumpkin pie. And then more pumpkin pie yesterday. Add that to the fact that I discovered pumpkin spice lattes and it may be a long fall.

As for the trainer, I think that he was looking at addressing muscle and joint issues rather than providing me with a full workout. Which in all honestly is probably a good thing, since addressing those weaknesses will just enhance any other workout I do, but when you are expecting something else it's tough. Plus, I hate taking time to actually fix injuries, and I tend to just push through them, resulting in things never really getting better. Right now I'm still dealing with some shoulder issues and glute weakness, so it's a good thing I'm getting some exercises to address those.

This week has been so-so for food, and non-existant for exercise. I've had to work at the gym twice, and have had a couple of late day meetings that have thrown me off. I am going to have to figure out a new schedule, and maybe look at adjusting some of my work hours to fit in what I really know I need to do.

I did make a tomato soup that I love - just heated some homemade chicken stock. Then I barbecued 4 large tomatos in tinfoil, with basil and thyme and olive oil until the skin started falling off. I roasted two red peppers, and then added everything together and heated through. Then popped it into the blender and blended until smooth. Note to self though - let soup COOL before blending or you will end up with soup spraying out of your blender all over your kitchen. LOL

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 6:53pm
Ummm... pumpkin spice lattes sounds yummy! I think I saw a recipe for somthing like that on pinterst... some sort of pumpkin/spice/milk mix that you could drink plain or add to coffee. I think I'll have to refind that and see what it's all about - sounds lovely right now!

You have one more session with the trainer right? Do you think you'll move on towards getting a full workout then now that you've gone over muscle and joint issues? I always find that the "first" of anything is more of a "get to know you" thing and the next ones are more productive.

That soup sounds plain yummy! I'm so hungry for soup now!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 11:34am
Well at least pumpkin is good for you and you don't even have to add sugar. If we weren't supposed to indulge in it then it would be available year round.

And yum yum yum those grilled tomatoes sound delicious. I can't believe you didn't eat them before getting around to that soup lol.
Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 2:11pm

Well weekend wasn't horrible for once! I think it was because I'm not feeling all that great, so am cutting out some of the snacks I normally have. Now Sunday I did get a little snacky, but kept it to a few granola bars and almonds. Saturday night we went to a cajun/creole restaurant that was delicious! I kept to the rice jambalaya, and did have a ceasar, plus a couple of beers throughout the rest of the night. I did get to my personal training appointment, and then stayed for the interval class after that, and Sunday was catching up day! I discovered my new favorite too - the extendable light bulb changer! Now that I'm up in the loft with 16 foot cielings - it really sucks when the lightbulbs burn out but this solved my problem!

I also discovered a new recipe off gojee.com - a coconut chicken recipe was was super easy, and the chicken was delicious! I didn't to the satays, but instead used boneless, skinless chicken thighs which are one of my favorite things because they cool so fast, aren't as dry as chicken breast, and are perfect for leftovers! 

I also finally got to my GI doc, and now have to go in for another colonoscopy, which is so much fun. And it's next Tuesday, so nothing like a little advance warning. LOL Anyways, hopefully they'll be able to figure out what is going on!

Pages