Miranda's October Journal

iVillage Member
Miranda's October Journal
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:25pm

Monday, October 1

Okay, I feel like I'm back on the wagon! I went for a run at lunch, starting back on the Couch to 5K at week 3 just to get my butt moving. Then I did some weights after work. I'd like to strive to keep up with the Couch to 5K, and find a weight routine that I can keep up with for the month. I did email the personal trainer I'd like to work with too! My food was also back on track, and I experimented with zucchini & summer squash noodles using a julienne peeler that is awesome! You use it on vegetables, and you can make instant strips! So I made zucchini, squash, and carrot noodles and added a peanut sauce - yum!

Food:

Breakfast: Soy Coffee Smoothie
Snack: Earl Grey Tea
Lunch: Sardines in chili sauce, 2 rice cakes, curried carrot soup
Snack: Grapes
Post-Workout: Orange Protein Smoothie
Dinner: Vegetable noodles with peanut sauce, 2 poached eggs with truffle oil
Snack: 2 rice cakes with peanut butter & jam

Exercise:

28 Minute Run (C25K W3D1)
45 Minutes Weights (Chest & Triceps)

Water:

40 oz

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 3:51pm
LBW - I get the canned sardines that already have sauce on them. I really like the Raincoast Sardines - Chili Lime is my favorite (http://www.raincoasttrading.com/product-landing-pages/raincoast-wild-pacific-sardine-products)

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:16pm
I'll have to look for one of those peelers. I think one of the reasons I get so tired of eating veggies is because they always look the same. Food should be fun to eat.

What kind of chili sauce did you use for the sardines? I'm trying to find other ways to use sardines since they're so healthy and affordable.
Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:08am

Tuesday, October 2

Wow, awful day for eating. Not sure what happened, but it seems like once I crack open the door of sugar consumption I go hog wild on it. Something I really have to watch. And no workout, since we decided to go for a beer after work instead. Yes clearly that was the better choice. Not. Anyways, we're having some issues at work (our brand new boss is on sick leave already and is in wayyyyy over her head on the technical aspects of this job which makes our jobs more complex since we now have to do her job as well LOL).

Food:

Breakfast: Soy Coffee Smoothie
Snack: Earl Grey Tea
Lunch: Sardines in chili sauce, 2 rice cakes, curried carrot soup
Snack: Grapes, apple pie, beer
Dinner: Vegetable noodles with peanut sauce, cajun shrimp (sauteed in coconut oil and cajun spices), glass of white wine
Snack: 2 rice cakes with peanut butter & jam, kellogs bluberry cereal bar

Exercise:

0 MInutes

Water:

40 oz

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:04am
Carrie, I did make the peanut sauce - it's pretty rich, but I like it. I've just tried it on the zucchini noodles. And the peeler I picked up I found at the local grocery store, and likely much cheaper than a speciality kitchen shop!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:19am
Wow Miranda - you must be feeling better! A run and weights in the same day - I think you are officially my hero!

Did you make the peanut sauce? It sounds so yummy! I've heard of people using squash to make noodles but I've never tried it because I don't have the right peeler. I LOVE zucchini and summer squash though so maybe I should look into it more.
Photobucket

Pages