HIMYM

iVillage Member
HIMYM
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 2:46pm

I get that the whole show is basically a super long flashback, but this season is seems we're doing like a flashback within a flashback or something.  I just find it irritating.  I'm also bummed that

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
Quinn and Barney broke up.  I thought they were cute together and figured if they just slowed down things would be fine.  I'm not a big fan of Barney and Robin getting married and I'm hoping that when we catch up to the wedding day it'll turn out that they don't get married.  They're just weird together.
Quinn and Barney broke up.  I thought they were cute together and figured if they just slowed down things would be fine.  I'm not a big fan of Barney and Robin getting married and I'm hoping that when we catch up to the wedding day it'll turn out that they don't get married.  They're just weird together.

Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member
In reply to: ladybookworm
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:08pm

I totally get what you're saying about

the whole not having trust thing.  I agree that was a very honest and eye opening moment for them, but I expected them to handle it differently.  Ok so they don't trust each other, but clearly they have feelings for each other.  So that's not enough to want to work on it?  Or at least try?  I think we expected Barney to throw in the towel and move on, but I was surprised Quinn wanted to as well.  It'd be nice for them to find a way to keep Quinn around though since I thought she added a nice element to their group of friends.
the whole not having trust thing.  I agree that was a very honest and eye opening moment for them, but I expected them to handle it differently.  Ok so they don't trust each other, but clearly they have feelings for each other.  So that's not enough to want to work on it?  Or at least try?  I think we expected Barney to throw in the towel and move on, but I was surprised Quinn wanted to as well.  It'd be nice for them to find a way to keep Quinn around though since I thought she added a nice element to their group of friends.

And speaking of elements of their group

when Victoria's character was first introduced several seasons ago she was great and I was totally rooting for her and Ted.  Is it just me or does she just seem like a wet blanket now?
when Victoria's character was first introduced several seasons ago she was great and I was totally rooting for her and Ted.  Is it just me or does she just seem like a wet blanket now?
Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:08pm

Whew! So I'm not the only one that was getting annoyed with the flashback within a flashback thing! And like you, that particular break-up bummed me out, but...

When they both refuse to throw out their massive pre-nups and Quinn said, "It should be simpler than this, shouldn't it?", then they both admit that they don't trust each other, it felt real, kwim? If trust isn't there, there really is no relationship to build on, at least that's my thinking. :smileywink:
When they both refuse to throw out their massive pre-nups and Quinn said, "It should be simpler than this, shouldn't it?", then they both admit that they don't trust each other, it felt real, kwim? If trust isn't there, there really is no relationship to build on, at least that's my thinking. :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 8:53am

I'm not sure I like Barney with either of them.